XR6 Mod - Update! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2002, 20:22   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

XR6 Mod - Update!

Hey,

I wrote a thread a few weeks back asking what exhaust etc.. to get for my AU XR6 Manaul.

Just updating some info. I went Hurricane Extractors & a Custom Mandrell Bent Exhaust from a local shop. Total cost was $590 with a AU Tip.

I had it dyno before & after. All the power increase was at top around 5k revs. There were some advantages from low end but only around 3-5%. It dynoed at 104KW Standard then after the system it dynoed at 116KW. 14KW Power adavantage at the wheels doesnt seem to bad at all. Just seeing what other people opionions are on the outcome? Another thing i notices is that it changes smoother through the gears now, & it buts out a dam nice note! So for the money, is good bang for buck!

Seems a bit low the power rating but im not to sure, they said that is about right for a xr6, but who knows???

Thanks for your time.

ps. I havin some troubles with my central locking in my back right door. It seems to open the locks when you try to open the door, when the car is locked.. Does that make sense?? :) Anyone got any ideas what it could be???
memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2002, 20:50   #2 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

As mentioned before you shouldn't worry about dyno figures, best way to get an idea of how your car goes is to dyno it with another XR6 HP Manual on the same dyno same time if possible and the results.

But what you'll find is you'll gain a few more kw's as the computer adjusts to the new setup. I think after a few 100km's you'll see 120kw+ going by your figures.

As a guide though getting an extractor/exhaust upgrade does unleash about 15kw at the wheels on the XR6's. So your right on par there and for $590 thats a pretty decent deal too.

BTW how many km's on the your.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 09:17   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

Thanks for ya reply.

It has around 64k on the clock. Which isnt to bad, but they way ive been drivin lately wont take long to reach 100k :)

Another quick question, should i keep running it only on OptiMAX from Shell, or only put then in every few tanks?

Cheers....
memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 16:40   #4 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

memphis,

I'd reccomend using Optimax or any of the 98Ron fuels. Much much better for the engine and will cause no harm running it all the time.
I never fill my car with regular unleaded ever.

Oh yeah i should correct myself when i meant your car would develop abit more power i meant to say a few 100km's not 100k.
Sorry should of made it clearer.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 00:24   #5 (permalink)
Tickford Man

Re: XR6 Mod - Update!

The door lock problem, does it make a funny sound when locking????

If so its a small part in an actuator you will need to buy the new part,

or open up the actuator and try to fix the plastice thread inside yourself

mike
mikeeman_AUXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:39   #6 (permalink)
EFII Ghia owner

15kw is a fair decent power hike, id be happy with that. too bad its where you dont use it much though
Old 04-28-2004, 02:05   #7 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

Quote:
15kw is a fair decent power hike, id be happy with that. too bad its where you dont use it much though
heheheh....that depends now doesnt it...

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech