Ford Forums banner

XR6's

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  MustangNicko 
#1 ·
Which of the E series XR6's are easy to perform mods on and cheaper?
Which ones can you get better performance out of for the same cost?

#2 ·
Another quick question without starting a new thread...... what if any are the differences between the base model EF and base modle EL on the dash board...... as my dad owns an EF i would like to get an EF or EL as i like the interior..... i just want to know if they are the same cauz if so i'd go for an EF and just get rid of the silly looking grill lmao

#4 ·
Hey Fordfan

Theoretically they're all pretty much of a muchness. They're all mass-produced cars and a lot of parts are similar/identical to parts on a GLi or Futura model. EA/EB panel work would be a bit cheaper though probably, as would initial cost. All depends on what your willing to spend and what model you prefer.

I love my EL, but you can never go past the squarer look of the EB/ED's. As far as EL dash setup goes, have a look at http://fordman.port5.com/el_xr_ser1_06.htm and http://fordman.port5.com/el_xr_ser1_09.htm

Hope this helps!

#5 ·
FôrdFan86 said:
Which of the E series XR6's are easy to perform mods on and cheaper?
Which ones can you get better performance out of for the same cost?
the EB XR's offer the best bang for buck as they use the same driveline as the later models but are light weights in comparison, Mods are the same in most cases (VCT AU's are the dud) and it comes down to the weight of your ride... the AU HP XR motors have an better 'feel' over the e-series engines but the progressive increase in curb weight as you update the models, more than cancels out the slight evolution in the 4.0l...

The cluster is the only difference in the EF/EL dash and if you look around for Rymers post you'll find it is not that hard to retro fit an EF/EL interior into an EA-ED car..

#7 ·
Thanks mate.

Bit of an upgrade from my old EF Futura, was maroon too....I have a thing for this colour, and it took me about a year or so on and off looking for a maroon 5spd in WA...so I'm EXTREMELY happy heh.

Anyway, I've basically got the same as yours seems to have, exhaust, CAI, stereo and wheels etc, but I wanted to ask you about how much a gain you got from advancing the timing? Reason I ask is because once I put my extractors on, I was planning on putting it up on a dyno to see what it reads and maybe tinker with the timing to have it running a bit better and take more advantage of the BP Ultimate I use.

Thanks Mustang :)

#8 ·
EB XR6 are the shiznit :s6:

but i love the look of the ED XR6 more...though you will have to pry the keys to my car out of my cold dead hands before anybody else gets it!

#9 ·
F0rdman said:
Thanks mate.

Bit of an upgrade from my old EF Futura, was maroon too....I have a thing for this colour, and it took me about a year or so on and off looking for a maroon 5spd in WA...so I'm EXTREMELY happy heh.

Anyway, I've basically got the same as yours seems to have, exhaust, CAI, stereo and wheels etc, but I wanted to ask you about how much a gain you got from advancing the timing? Reason I ask is because once I put my extractors on, I was planning on putting it up on a dyno to see what it reads and maybe tinker with the timing to have it running a bit better and take more advantage of the BP Ultimate I use.

Thanks Mustang :)
Hehe no problems mate. Well, by advancing the timing, it felt like it just picked up a sh*tload more bottom end torque. I could take of normally, hold first doin about 10k's then plant it and get wheel spin (or that could just be my stuffed diff? lol). The car feels a heap load more agressive. I dont know if it counts, but i just beat an N/A BA XR6 by a car length or two to 100 hehe

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.