2V Clevo Dyno results - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2005, 23:00   #1 (permalink)
82XE 351c

Smile 2V Clevo Dyno results

hey guys, I had to go away for a week for work and just before i did I got the XE running with the new cam etc so i could take it...
The night before I left I ran the cam in by heading up to the dyno about 1.5hrs away...
ended up having a problem with my Hume 650dp, the primary wasnt even squirting properly because of a leak somewhere near the pump, though once its up and running i was very happy with the results! Will have to go back to fix the leak though.

Heads ported by Wes Engines in Lismore, 2v's.
Crow hyd 211367 cam
another new valve train :( doubles etc...
351 9.6:1, 17degrees intial and 32 total. BP Ult.
best was 309HP at wheels :)

5500rpm 309HP and 453tq :)

Dyno'd at Yager performace, looks to be a good tuner.. he is involved with circuit racing mostly it seems, though he had an XC coupe with a 4.6 quad cam V8 with motec everywhere and a real nice sleeper XL wagon twin turbo :)

I was extemely happy i must say after I left, The car is now not soo good in the rain even with 245 yokis

I have two short videos of a 309 pull and a 307, its a little erratic down low with the primary but then she pulls hard!
and god damn thats one of the loudest things i have heard close up with it screaming 6,200rpm
pracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2005, 23:22   #2 (permalink)
XFFAIRMONT

Re: 2V Clevo Dyno results

Quote:
Originally Posted by pracy
hey guys, I had to go away for a week for work and just before i did I got the XE running with the new cam etc so i could take it...
The night before I left I ran the cam in by heading up to the dyno about 1.5hrs away...
ended up having a problem with my Hume 650dp, the primary wasnt even squirting properly because of a leak somewhere near the pump, though once its up and running i was very happy with the results! Will have to go back to fix the leak though.

Heads ported by Wes Engines in Lismore, 2v's.
Crow hyd 211367 cam
another new valve train :( doubles etc...
351 9.6:1, 17degrees intial and 32 total. BP Ult.
best was 309HP at wheels :)

5500rpm 309HP and 453tq :)

Dyno'd at Yager performace, looks to be a good tuner.. he is involved with circuit racing mostly it seems, though he had an XC coupe with a 4.6 quad cam V8 with motec everywhere and a real nice sleeper XL wagon twin turbo :)

I was extemely happy i must say after I left, The car is now not soo good in the rain even with 245 yokis

I have two short videos of a 309 pull and a 307, its a little erratic down low with the primary but then she pulls hard!
and god damn thats one of the loudest things i have heard close up with it screaming 6,200rpm
Hey mate nice power figures. I'd be happy with that running a hydraulic, cast 2v's and 9.6 compression. What manifold, carby, and fuel setup you running?
Old 05-13-2005, 00:24   #3 (permalink)

Another proud Clevo customer. It's a beautiful thing.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:39   #4 (permalink)

i think xffairmont should put his on the dyno
gros16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 02:02   #5 (permalink)
82XE 351c

running a square bore 650dp, redline torker, fuel setup is just standard new mech fuel pump, it was only just keeping up but it did the job to 6,000rpm fine. also 1" 4 hole BG spacer made of plastic shiat...

the guy did say alot of the clevo that he sees hit around the 300 mark but then it get real hard from there...
I am most happy with the heads, I payed only what i should considering they are iron, but they came back with more than i expected!
Old 05-13-2005, 02:07   #6 (permalink)

I would say extremley good results for the combo. I'm still chasing the 300 mark.
Do you have a dyno sheet to post?
Old 05-13-2005, 03:49   #7 (permalink)
82XE 351c

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdclevo
I would say extremley good results for the combo. I'm still chasing the 300 mark.
Do you have a dyno sheet to post?
didn't get the print out as i was only there for the tune.. How ever I did video the screen the whole run so its just as good, I also have his tunning notes which show a little more RPM steps and what was going on with the damn carb!

found firewire cable just a while ago, will make a vid after the footy or in the morning.
Old 05-13-2005, 17:25   #8 (permalink)

Hey Pracy, good work mate.... What was your fuel ecomony like...fairly heavy I bet

300+ Hp at the wheels is a bloody great... Post the video or better still email me a copy. Did you have the MSD6AL setup for the dyno run ??
xb351coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 17:56   #9 (permalink)
82XE 351c

thats the best thing, I dont have the 6AL in yet either :) the econ was pretty shit cause of the prim jet being an ass, the rear is wound up abit...

here are the vids, One is the run it made 309 which he was pushing it, the other is just when he was tunning and trying to fix the carb, it ended at 307 but not as much TQ.

http://users.tpg.com.au/mpracy/First%20Run.WMV
http://users.tpg.com.au/mpracy/Tunning.WMV
Old 05-15-2005, 19:09   #10 (permalink)
XFFAIRMONT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gros16
i think xffairmont should put his on the dyno
One day Garner, want to sort a few things out first.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech