302 v8 and power steering - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2004, 22:55   #1 (permalink)

302 v8 and power steering

hey guys,

just curious. I have a powersteering pump in my xf on the old 302 v8 and its a wierd looking one that points out to the side towards the overfill bottles for the radiator.

anyway, i was wondering if it is okay to remove it and put in place the six cylinder model since theyre more upright and out of the way. the one currently on the engine is angled all the way out to the panel and the hose rubs on the inner guards.
humblereloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2004, 02:45   #2 (permalink)
heard it before!

Re: 302 v8 and power steering

i had all three types that i know of in my XE with clevo and the XF one is the best, i was/am a bit tight and was just waiting till i came across one in wreckers as i guess they would not bolt up to your'e current bracket
XF type similar to E series, XE type plastic housing(usually noisy)XB type all steel round shape with transmission type dipstick(usually noisy)
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 03:13   #3 (permalink)

Re: 302 v8 and power steering

Quote:
Originally Posted by deankdx
i had all three types that i know of in my XE with clevo and the XF one is the best, i was/am a bit tight and was just waiting till i came across one in wreckers as i guess they would not bolt up to your'e current bracket
XF type similar to E series, XE type plastic housing(usually noisy)XB type all steel round shape with transmission type dipstick(usually noisy)
yes exactly! this is like a round type with the mouth to the side facing inner guard. its noisy as hell that i thought it was an electric fuel pump.

then i realised its the pump.

so the xf one bolts up fine? Obviously would have to make some cool bracket for it too though???

thanks for the reply
humblereloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech