302C Suggestions? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2005, 20:28   #1 (permalink)

302C Suggestions?

Hi Guys........
I have Just bought a XE Ghia, which will be tottaly stripped down and rebuilt/restored with no stone left unturned (although i am planning on a 2year project)
I have a 302 laying around which is what i plan on using on this car together with a T5 5speed which i also have laying around (i am told you can get them to go together?)
anyway, just wondering if anyone has some suggestions on building a nice strong 302?? any proven combinations?
would like to build this engine on a budget of 2 to 3 grand (on parts)
any ideas??

serious ideas guys! no silly stuff please! hahahah

Cheers.
BOSSXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2005, 21:36   #2 (permalink)

Re: 302C Suggestions?

To be perfectly honest I send my fist money on a 351 crank, use your 302 rods with ACL pistons and have a long rod 351, enlarge your 302 head chambers to drop CR to reasonable heads and run a smallish cam with a weiand single plane manifold and something around 750cfm carb. get headers that are nice smooth design with the longest straight section from the head, pipe size around 1.75 inches, withthe lowest restriction exhaust system that will fit under the car.
the watch out for the T5 or get rid of it before the torque kills it. Get a tremec or a good ole top loader.
A7m
aussie7mains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 00:26   #3 (permalink)

Ok this might sound dumb but isn't a T5 a Tremec ?!
They match up with the right bellhousing but that engine might need a V8 T5!! I just changed out my sad Clevo for a standard 302 until she is rebuilt and have a T5 behind it. She turns but not as much as the 2V monster
churdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 01:59   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by churdude
Ok this might sound dumb but isn't a T5 a Tremec ?!
They match up with the right bellhousing but that engine might need a V8 T5!! I just changed out my sad Clevo for a standard 302 until she is rebuilt and have a T5 behind it. She turns but not as much as the 2V monster
The original TREMEC isn't to be confused with a T5.........although they are now both made by Tremec, hence the confusion.

The original Tremec box that got the name for being tuff is the TR-3550 which has now evolved onto the TKO. The T5 is a toyota corolla box in comparison to either one The beefier boxes cost a gut load more too.

Here's a list of all the Tremec boxes.

http://www.ttcautomotive.com/English...cts/tremec.asp
Old 11-20-2005, 03:56   #5 (permalink)

Tremec have an awesome site
T5 , T3550 , and TKO's , this site shows all applications of all boxes and spec's
churdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 21:32   #6 (permalink)

Thanks guys for your feedback,
The T5 in question is out of a VN Commodore (V6), now that i think about it it might be a bit weak for the motor i am planning on building. I also have a C4 which i could have tricked as much as i want, for the cost of parts only (as i have a mate which is an AWSOME box builder) however i was looking forward to the fun and games of a manual box :(
ahhhhhh decisions decisions and i havnt even started the build yet!!!
this is so much (expensive) fun!!! hahaha
BOSSXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech