347 stroker?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 20:03   #1 (permalink)
Eliminator

347 stroker??

So I've been getting the list ready for the summer build up and I'm torn with what to go with as far as stroker kits. I figured go big or go home... so i was leaning toward the 426 kit talking to people they just say it would be miserable to drive and i should go with a smaller kit and possible go with S/C or something of the sort down the road. According to this company their 357 stroker makes 421 hp 468tq. very big number especially compared to the 383 393 ect. figured more Ci more powa right? well what makes the 357 pack such a punch is what i want to know. and any wise words from you fellows out their of course.

Barnett High Performance | Your performance HEADquarters! <--- site i'm talking about

Torque it's whats for dinner.
70_cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2007, 14:35   #2 (permalink)
Eliminator

Re: 347 stroker??

oops, I messed up on the title, meant to put 357 instead of 347...

Old 04-26-2007, 14:38   #3 (permalink)

Is 426 cubes availl in the std 9.2 clevo block?
That would be pushing all limits.
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 14:54   #4 (permalink)
Flying @ a mile high

Nice ride, I have always like the cougar, almost did a cougar race car, Aint nutin like a little pussy, COUGAR!!!!! I lived in Navarre.Fl 4 4 years I loved it there!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 17:11   #5 (permalink)

357 stroker? 357 CID is what you get when you bore a 351 .030!
George1861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 17:10   #6 (permalink)
Eliminator

shit dude i was at navarre last weekend. I was tearing apart a talon for all it's AWD parts/motor/tyranny. putting it all in the cougar lol

anyways i wont wanna sounds childish or anything but..."the website said" that it would put down that much power (421hp 468tq). now dont get me wrong i would love to get a 460 and drop it in the cougar and watch all hell break loose but... that car is not a stiff framed car. that much low end torque would twist the living shit out of her, and i plan on keeping the frame straight. so i figured I could stick with the cleveland b/c doesent put down as much low end as some other motors. that way i can still get my fast and furious kicks without ruining my car.

the 357 kit is a stroker not meant for boring.

Old 05-02-2007, 17:56   #7 (permalink)

357 CID?? This really doesn't add up. How many C blocks can there be that don't need boring? And..why buy a stroker kit that ads only 6 CID?
George1861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 22:14   #8 (permalink)
Flying @ a mile high

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70_cougar
shit dude i was at navarre last weekend. I was tearing apart a talon for all it's AWD parts/motor/tyranny. putting it all in the cougar lol

anyways i wont wanna sounds childish or anything but..."the website said" that it would put down that much power (421hp 468tq). now dont get me wrong i would love to get a 460 and drop it in the cougar and watch all hell break loose but... that car is not a stiff framed car. that much low end torque would twist the living shit out of her, and i plan on keeping the frame straight. so i figured I could stick with the cleveland b/c doesent put down as much low end as some other motors. that way i can still get my fast and furious kicks without ruining my car.

the 357 kit is a stroker not meant for boring.
My Dad inlaw lives in Milton,fl I used to be the body shop manager @ Hill Kelly dodge and Mitchel motors Caddy now out of business, Small world brother, On of my rides are still there 67 red fast back Stang, sold it to a guy in Holly by the sea blk interior,4 sp 58,000 miles magnums, to a real nice kid in the north end over there. 289 crank/ rods 302 .030 over windsor heads, roller rockers, hooker headrs, let me know if you have ever seen it. Wish i was still there.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:32   #9 (permalink)

i am certainly no expert but i'm sure you've got your wires crossed, 357 is what you get 30 thou over on a 351 it aint no stroker, 383,393,408 are stroker kits
mustang70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech