393 build - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2005, 00:11   #1 (permalink)
under thumb

393 build

I just offloaded my ute and am trying to sus the best way to go about building the short!

I tried to call pavtek but there shut till jan19 does anyone know exactly what comes with the 393 short kit at $5250 ie correct timing chain/gaskets blahblah

Or just buy the scat h-beam,forged piston & crank rotating kit and get the work done locally and buy all the bits on my own?

Ohh what a problem to have
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2005, 00:57   #2 (permalink)

Re: 393 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyfmtjoe
I just offloaded my ute and am trying to sus the best way to go about building the short!

I tried to call pavtek but there shut till jan19 does anyone know exactly what comes with the 393 short kit at $5250 ie correct timing chain/gaskets blahblah

Or just buy the scat h-beam,forged piston & crank rotating kit and get the work done locally and buy all the bits on my own?

Ohh what a problem to have
Buying the crank kit takes a lot of the guess work out of the deal. Its probably the easiest way as there are many variables involved if you decide to pick the bits individually but you may be able to save a bit if you purchase the bits individually as i have . I might add that I am not using a 4340 crank though in my current build as at the power level i am hoping to achieve i feel it is unwarranted.I just hope there are no nasty surprises when it comes to balancing the whole shebang. cast crank deals can be had for around 2k and should be fine with handling the projected 500 fwhp . The most expensive part in the deal is a set of custom forged pistons.Working out what rod length and what piston comp height you require is usually easy enough i guess. If you go this route most stroker aftermarket cranks require a minimum six inch chev based rod to clear the counterweights otherwise you,ll encounter problems and more balance cost if you have to machine the counterweights down. And because they use chev rods the piston pins must be .927 chev size as well.
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:26   #3 (permalink)
!Real Men Smoke Rubber!

Outlaw speed shop in adelaide are pretty cheap. Also there is a crowd in melbourne by the name of prostroke. They sell a complete kit to bolt in for $3450.00.

scat crank
scat rods
arias pistons
acl race series bearings
powerbond balancer
all fully balanced
351AFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 02:31   #4 (permalink)
under thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by russxr67
Buying the crank kit takes a lot of the guess work out of the deal. Its probably the easiest way as there are many variables involved if you decide to pick the bits individually but you may be able to save a bit if you purchase the bits individually as i have . I might add that I am not using a 4340 crank though in my current build as at the power level i am hoping to achieve i feel it is unwarranted.I just hope there are no nasty surprises when it comes to balancing the whole shebang. cast crank deals can be had for around 2k and should be fine with handling the projected 500 fwhp . The most expensive part in the deal is a set of custom forged pistons.Working out what rod length and what piston comp height you require is usually easy enough i guess. If you go this route most stroker aftermarket cranks require a minimum six inch chev based rod to clear the counterweights otherwise you,ll encounter problems and more balance cost if you have to machine the counterweights down. And because they use chev rods the piston pins must be .927 chev size as well.
Yeah was thinking the complete rotating kit from pavtek with the 4340 crank as im shootin round the 600hp/520ftlb mark or get the crank from vpw or somwhere simmilar, srp flat tops to suit 6in rod and eagle/crower rods.

Im just not sure if the pavtek short comes with balancer and what not or if I got to supply that stuff to get it balanced?

351AFD have they got a website?
Old 12-30-2005, 03:50   #5 (permalink)
!Real Men Smoke Rubber!

No i dont think they have a web site. But there number is 03 5433 2233
Old 12-30-2005, 14:32   #6 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

You 'd have to verify with Pavtek but I'd think that would include?

- crank
- rods
- pistons
- rings
- bearings mains/rods/cam
- balancer
- timing chain
- block all machined up

Not sure whether that'd be grout filled or not? Grout isn't cheap. Gasket's??

Brenden
Old 12-30-2005, 15:34   #7 (permalink)
under thumb

Cheers Brenx I figured you'd have a better idea than most its just a pain they're not there at the minute but hey we all need holidays!

Ill need grout Id think but if all thats included its not such a bad deal I guess.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:59   #8 (permalink)
!Real Men Smoke Rubber!

I think you will find PAVTEK have holidays until the 9th of jan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech