3V Heads worth the dosh? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2003, 07:23   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

3V Heads worth the dosh?

I was perving through a motor parts mag and discovered info about Pavtek 3V heads with a potential 650Hp for $2785. They promise lots though I don't know weather to give up my custom ported setup 4V which give now 290cfm pm and these 3V up to 324.3cfm. They look well made though I don't know how well they'd be once modified.

Has anyone got these Pavetek heads and know what these 3V heads are worth? Im just dying to hit that 11sec 1/4 mark and if these are the best mods to get there for starters or should I keep my 4V setup?
Ramrod429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2003, 01:28   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

frankly I don't reckon so. For the sort of bucks they want you could get some serious 4Vs and have change. Once you add some valves and rocker gear you are looking at a lot more than $4000.
Still, if I had the bucks ......
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 19:37   #3 (permalink)

apparently you can use your current rocker gear and valves.
I_wanna_XA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 21:52   #4 (permalink)
XR9UTE

I say go 3V's. By the time you've filled in the ports on a set of 4V's to flow like 3V's do out of the box you'll be close to the same cost and they'll still be made of iron. The 4V's simply cannot match the port flow and port velocity of the 3V's. On a recent dyno test the 3V's made more than the peak torque of the 4V's at only 2900rpm!

Pete.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:38   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

At only 2900rpm lordy! geez that low 11sec 1/4 mile mark will be nailed in no time !

My wife will let me get the goodies as soon as I ditch the cancer sticks she'll let me some money to buy some pretty things for my car including those Pavtek heads and a new nice 'n big 800cfm Holley. Im going to be one good boy :)
Ramrod429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech