4v 351 Dyno results - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2004, 00:06   #1 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.
 
falcon coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vic/Berwick
Age: 44
Posts: 1,862
4v 351 Dyno results

Quick spec rundown as follows:
Standard 4v heads with single groove valves
Cam, Crow solid 272 / 280 duration @ 50, 630 thou lift
10:2:1 comp
Holley 850 dp with 1" spacer (all under bonnet)
Holley strip dominator manifold
Zero deck height
TRW flatop pistons
cold dipped rods
4ma crank (bottom end balanced)
Pacemaker extractors 2" primary with twin 3' x-membered exhaust.
Toploader box
4:88 gears


I am reasonably happy with the naturally aspirated dyno results, the Engine is a compromise, it has low comp to allow for the n2o which i can use at the track only, or the other choice is to remove the n2o setup and get some more compression into it, with 11:5:1 or more (which it can do with the large cam) it will go right over 300rwkw N/A.
I have just driven it and it goes quite well, lighting up the 275 tyres from 1st to 3rd gear, it should keep me happy for a little while, Hallam Performance have IMO done a great job getting the 270rwkw out of it with such a basic setup, so i will just enjoy it now, and weigh up the options next winter.

Edit, BTW this was done with a Mallory 140 using 3/8 fuel line.
Peak power was made at 7200rpm.
falcon coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-07-2004, 00:23   #2 (permalink)
The SB Slayer
 
FPVGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Should be polishing my GT's
Posts: 1,529
Re: 4v 351 Dyno results

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon coupe
Quick spec rundown as follows:
Standard 4v heads with single groove valves
Cam, Crow solid 272 / 280 duration @ 50, 630 thou lift
10:2:1 comp
Holley 850 dp with 1" spacer (all under bonnet)
Holley strip dominator manifold
Zero deck height
TRW flatop pistons
cold dipped rods
4ma crank (bottom end balanced)
Pacemaker extractors 2" primary with twin 3' x-membered exhaust.
Toploader box
4:88 gears


I am reasonably happy with the naturally aspirated dyno results, the Engine is a compromise, it has low comp to allow for the n2o which i can use at the track only, or the other choice is to remove the n2o setup and get some more compression into it, with 11:5:1 or more (which it can do with the large cam) it will go right over 300rwkw N/A.
I have just driven it and it goes quite well, lighting up the 275 tyres from 1st to 3rd gear, it should keep me happy for a little while, Hallam Performance have IMO done a great job getting the 270rwkw out of it with such a basic setup, so i will just enjoy it now, and weigh up the options next winter.

Edit, BTW this was done with a Mallory 140 using 3/8 fuel line.
Peak power was made at 7200rpm.
That's a great result i have similiar specs but the heads have got port fillers.Just comparing though the N figure we made nearly 10'000 N.Did they tell u what the N figure is by any chance?
__________________
THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE LEGEND THE GT is back

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:16   #3 (permalink)
Approach with caution.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 1,043
Re: 4v 351 Dyno results

Great result! go the 4V heads!!!
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 03:28   #4 (permalink)
Resident Budget Racer
 
Work Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 380
Re: 4v 351 Dyno results

Excellent stuff Nick, let us know if you take it for a run at Calder. I'll come and watch some GM products take a whipping. And you shift this manually awesome!
Work Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 07:24   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
TruBlu351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 2,398
Re: 4v 351 Dyno results

The N (Newton) is tractive effort (TE) or torque.

Torque = (TE x Tyre radius) / Rear gear ratio

(assuming test run in final 1:1 drive, ie: 3rd in auto or 4th in manual)

So with 275/60x15's and 4.88 gears (giddy up)..............

Torque = (9625 x 0.35metres) / 4.88 = 690 newton metres of torque.

That would be 509ft/lbs of tree stump pulling torque in the old scale! Do you have a neck brace from your local physiotherapist?

If the dyno guy inputs your gear ratio and tyre size before hand, it should do all the number crunching for you and just display nm or ft/lbs.

To convert:
nm x 0.7376 = ft/lbs
ft/lbs x 1.3558 = nm
__________________
XE Falcon
393 Tremec TKO 9"
TruBlu351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 21:40   #6 (permalink)
Slurry Boostin
 
TTNOS8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Lake Entrant, near Bendale
Age: 32
Posts: 1,211
Re: 4v 351 Dyno results

Good Stuff Nick

It still feels great to drive??

When is the track time happening?

Hallam were also happy with the result?

And so when does the n2o get hooked up?
__________________
All Go, No Show
XE, 351C, Nitrous, 337rwkw
XW GS, Silver Fox, 302W
VS 215i Senator *For Sale*
TTNOS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 22:18   #7 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.
 
falcon coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vic/Berwick
Age: 44
Posts: 1,862
Re: 4v 351 Dyno results

It still feels really good on the street, even with the big cam.
Hallam wanted 300rwkw out of it, but 270 is all it has with the current compression. (lucky they look after me and im not paying for 30 hours of dyno time).
The nitrous is hooked up and ready to go, but i won't be using it until i have had a couple of track run's n/a.
As far as the track goes, i am keen to get there, a few burnouts will finish off the tyres on it, then i can fit the drag radials i have in the garage, but with Christmas coming i think it will be next year due to working 6 days a week atm and all the chrissy piss up's.

Ohh, and i forgot to mention, the car was dynoed with pipes on and with pump fuel, it dropped power pipes off due to air reverberation in the collectors.
falcon coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 00:23   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 13
Re: 4v 351 Dyno results

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon coupe
It still feels really good on the street, even with the big cam.
Hallam wanted 300rwkw out of it, but 270 is all it has with the current compression. (lucky they look after me and im not paying for 30 hours of dyno time).
The nitrous is hooked up and ready to go, but i won't be using it until i have had a couple of track run's n/a.
As far as the track goes, i am keen to get there, a few burnouts will finish off the tyres on it, then i can fit the drag radials i have in the garage, but with Christmas coming i think it will be next year due to working 6 days a week atm and all the chrissy piss up's.

Ohh, and i forgot to mention, the car was dynoed with pipes on and with pump fuel, it dropped power pipes off due to air reverberation in the collectors.
Will be good to see it down the strip if those figures are good you should see a high 11 sec pass in full street trim.
HIGH PORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:32   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8
Re: 4v 351 Dyno results

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon coupe
Quick spec rundown as follows:
Standard 4v heads with single groove valves
Cam, Crow solid 272 / 280 duration @ 50, 630 thou lift
10:2:1 comp
Holley 850 dp with 1" spacer (all under bonnet)
Holley strip dominator manifold
Zero deck height
TRW flatop pistons
cold dipped rods
4ma crank (bottom end balanced)
Pacemaker extractors 2" primary with twin 3' x-membered exhaust.
Toploader box
4:88 gears


I am reasonably happy with the naturally aspirated dyno results, the Engine is a compromise, it has low comp to allow for the n2o which i can use at the track only, or the other choice is to remove the n2o setup and get some more compression into it, with 11:5:1 or more (which it can do with the large cam) it will go right over 300rwkw N/A.
I have just driven it and it goes quite well, lighting up the 275 tyres from 1st to 3rd gear, it should keep me happy for a little while, Hallam Performance have IMO done a great job getting the 270rwkw out of it with such a basic setup, so i will just enjoy it now, and weigh up the options next winter.

Edit, BTW this was done with a Mallory 140 using 3/8 fuel line.
Peak power was made at 7200rpm.
By looking at your dyno runs there i hope you realise that is over 50 pulls on the dyno that must of been one big day for that motor.
projap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:51   #10 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.
 
falcon coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vic/Berwick
Age: 44
Posts: 1,862
Re: 4v 351 Dyno results

Quote:
Originally Posted by projap
By looking at your dyno runs there i hope you realise that is over 50 pulls on the dyno that must of been one big day for that motor.

My car has been there since feb, it has had 2 engines and 4 cams tried in it, hence the large amount of dyno runs.
falcon coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dyno run results with AFD's shaynet Cleveland Tech 55 11-01-2004 21:52
landau 351 4v dndhot Cleveland Tech 15 10-20-2004 06:51
Dyno Results FPVWEPN Australian Falcons 60 10-19-2004 04:14
Dyno results for 351 Cleveland xcgxl Cleveland Tech 107 06-29-2004 05:34
235 Monaro & XR8 Dyno results ArthurDitch FPV & Tickford Forum 31 11-20-2003 06:51

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:56.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.