4v heads they have a 4 carted on them - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2006, 02:52   #1 (permalink)
ggs071

4v heads they have a 4 carted on them

What i have is a 351 d block, now i was told it has not got 4v heads and i know where to look for the 4v casting on them and it is blank. Now that the motor is out of the car i notice a 4 below its usual spot, mmm i thought.Well today i came across some information.
(The main difference in the two 4V head options, one was open chambered and the other was quenched or closed chambered and was identifiable by the #4 in the upper and lower corners of the head.)

My #4 is below does anyone if this means they are 4v heads
xr6092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2006, 04:37   #2 (permalink)
New toy in the shed

Re: 4v heads they have a 4 carted on them

Look at the size of the exhaust ports. You should beable to fit a golf ball in there.
ch7472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:08   #3 (permalink)
1970 Torino GT 408C

Thumbs up Plain and simple

When you are looking at the head , on the two top corners just at the outside of the valve covers, there will be a #4 or a #2. Seeing this will tell you what kind of heads you have. Now you will not know if they are open or close chamber heads unless you pull the heads. Ok, if you dont have a #4 or a #2 on there, the heads are off of a 351M or a 400.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech