4V Power Gain? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2004, 00:48   #1 (permalink)
Afroboy

4V Power Gain?

After a few weeks of working out setup i have decided to go with the 351C as apposed to a 302C (Glad to hear that you've come to your senses i hear you say). Considering that i will be rebuilding from scatch, is it worth purchasing a set of 4V heads. I have noticed that closed chamber are more expensive than open. Obviously there are sum substantial gains from fitting 4V heads. Without considering other factors like cam etc can anyone give me an idea of what ball park power gains you get from 4V? Have found some repro 4V heads for $1200 in just parts.
Cheers
afroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2004, 00:59   #2 (permalink)
Approach with caution.

Re: 4V Power Gain?

4V closed chamber heads for $1200? i bet they're sold already!!
Dont expect power gains from 4V heads without putting a good matching combo together first, 4V heads like revs to work best.
It will really depend on what you want from the engine, you might find that 2V heads are better if you want a mild street engine.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 01:03   #3 (permalink)
what u lookin at

u could spend the money porting the 2v's, prob better for the street.
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 01:37   #4 (permalink)
Afroboy

Was thinking of something mild for the street. If i port out 2V's am assuming i would be sorting out intake manifold, and cam to work with the extra flow and to handle higher rpm?
afroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 02:18   #5 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.

To make the most of the 4v's , you will need a huge cam and high rev's, as far as head prep goes the main thing is use single groove valves, you don't need to port them, they are big enough, if you get them at the right price, it would be worth using them, they can make quite good power and torque.
falcon coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 03:26   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afroboy
Was thinking of something mild for the street. If i port out 2V's am assuming i would be sorting out intake manifold, and cam to work with the extra flow and to handle higher rpm?
If you are thinking of building something mild then 4v heads are not what you want.Stick with the 2v,s and have them ported mildly.
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech