6 to 302c in vic whats involved? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2005, 16:52   #1 (permalink)

6 to 302c in vic whats involved?

I am putting a 302 into my XF ute, what mods do i have to do for it to be legal? i would preffer to do it write from the start then to chuck it all in and then get a canary. Also, dose anyone in vic have a cam that is desint that they nolonger want? (standard is fine)
Keita is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2005, 22:49   #2 (permalink)

Re: 6 to 302c in vic whats involved?

I'm no expert but i might have some info for u cuz i planned on doing the same conversion a few years back so my info might not be up to date. Once again this is what people have told me (engineers n vic roads). U need an engineers report to make it legal. You must run a cat if your car originally used unleaded (eg 1987 xf). Car must not make more than a 10% increase in pollution than standard, but i think that was a bit of bull. Some people say that if your fitting a clevo u must modify the heater hoses that go in the firewall cuz they get in your way but 1 guy did say he's went in and just cleared it without any mods. Some minor changes to the wiring will need to be done and make sure that u put a relay on the wire that goes to the starter switch to prevent problems with startup. Engine mounts should be the same from other xd xe series cars and u might need to change your booster if u feel your brake tends to stick( i had to on mine). You must change your front springs to v8 spec and you must have disc brakes all round ( i got drums on the rear and they said nothing but the engineers told me that it was required on any v8 conversion).
There is however another option u could take but i dont like your chances. Vic roads states that u need an engineers certificate if u plan on putting an engine in a car that was not releases by the manufacturer. If u can find info or even a letter from ford stating that they did build a few xf v8's (which from reports seem to be true and only around 10 or so were made) then all u have to do is bring your car up to v8 spec which will most likely be a spring change and a few tiny things here and there but the best bit is no engineers certificate is needed. hope this helps a bit
boss351c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech