Afd Heads And Tfc Manifold - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2005, 15:11   #1 (permalink)

Afd Heads And Tfc Manifold

Are the afd heads good. I know where i can get a brand new set of aluminium afd heads and tfc manifold for $2000. I dont know much about afd heads. Are they better than the CHI ones. The heads are bear but ally my stuff will fit into them i am being told. Is there a website to AFD. And how much are AFD new.
crochunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2005, 15:52   #2 (permalink)
Big Motor Top Loader !!

Re: Afd Heads And Tfc Manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by crochunter
Are the afd heads good. I know where i can get a brand new set of aluminium afd heads and tfc manifold for $2000. I dont know much about afd heads. Are they better than the CHI ones. The heads are bear but ally my stuff will fit into them i am being told. Is there a website to AFD. And how much are AFD new.
http://www.airflowdynamics.com.au
xrgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 15:54   #3 (permalink)

Sounds like a good opportunity there crochunter.

CHI's would be my personal favourite, because I believe they produce marginally more HP over the AFD's - but at that price it's hard to beat. Are they 2V's or 4V's? Either way they are an improvment over the iron equivalents.

Also I don't think all the standard gear fits the CHI heads. Check out this thread on same discussion, there is also a link to both web sites.

CHI or AFD's Alloy heads
Old 02-10-2005, 16:03   #4 (permalink)

They are 4v.
crochunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 16:16   #5 (permalink)
Big Motor Top Loader !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKEXD
CHI's..... I believe they produce marginally more HP over the AFD's
are you talking out of your arse again? or can you substantiate your claim?
Old 02-10-2005, 16:44   #6 (permalink)

Read all the literature, and read between the lines on all the info out on the www and elsewhere and speak to the people running each one.

It's a broad statement summing up what most people know and agree to be true. Most not all.

Of course there are variables to consider, as everyone knows, but it still correctly answers the question in this post.

Are you another AFD groupie who can't handle the truth?

Seriously, I notice you run AFD heads. I'm sure if you owned a set of CHI's your response would have been different. So it seems it is you that talk out of your arse - bias to substantiate ones own position always gives me a laugh.
Old 02-10-2005, 17:07   #7 (permalink)
Big Motor Top Loader !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKEXD
Read all the literature, and read between the lines on all the info out on the www and elsewhere and speak to the people running each one.

It's a broad statement summing up what most people know to be true. Of course there are variables to consider, as everyone knows, but it correctly answers the question in this post.

Are you another AFD groupie who can't handle the truth? Grow up.
LOL, i think you've been reading and wanking at the same time... :)

Considering you don't own either cyl. head, and that you like to wank, I would not recommend either cyl head for you, as your little weener won't touch the sides of the ports so you won't get any satisfaction.

I don't think anyone here has said that the AFD's are a better head, as they would not be able to substantiate this claim... it's only you CHI groupies who wank on about the better head, without considering the variables... don't get me wrong... and as i have said before, I believe both heads are amazing.
Old 02-10-2005, 17:20   #8 (permalink)

Oh touched a nerve hey?

I reckon the only "amazing head" you should be concerned about is the very average one sitting on your shoulders.

Oh and BTW people with really small weeners themselves need to express like that. Thanks for the laugh at your expense though...
Old 02-10-2005, 18:32   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrgt
are you talking out of your arse again? or can you substantiate your claim?
Ha ha ha ha ha. Yeah i new that when STROKEXD asked why Dave made his AFD inlet ports so bad ... Hahahaha. Unreal.
I still beleive they are both great heads.
I dont own CHI products, but i think they are great and would never bag them just beacause i have AFD.
Old 02-10-2005, 18:32   #10 (permalink)
BLOWNXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrgt
LOL, i think you've been reading and wanking at the same time... :)

Considering you don't own either cyl. head, and that you like to wank, I would not recommend either cyl head for you, as your little weener won't touch the sides of the ports so you won't get any satisfaction.

I don't think anyone here has said that the AFD's are a better head, as they would not be able to substantiate this claim... it's only you CHI groupies who wank on about the better head, without considering the variables... don't get me wrong... and as i have said before, I believe both heads are amazing.
Hey xrgt didnt u have a set of AFD 4vs on a stroker engine, we'd all love to see the horsepower and torque figures so that we can finally compare and then decide which is the better head I know there are many different factors involved but as noone else has run these heads and theres quite a few different CHI combinations gettin aroun thered at least be one to do a comparison with.
XD408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech