afd's 2v - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2004, 22:03   #1 (permalink)
xbgt coupe 378 efi

afd's 2v

Has anyone tried the 2v afd's & what problems did you encounter fitting them , what exh r u running & inlet manifold matching, what improvements did you achieve

cheers pete
xbhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2004, 03:03   #2 (permalink)

Re: afd's 2v

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbhoon
Has anyone tried the 2v afd's & what problems did you encounter fitting them , what exh r u running & inlet manifold matching, what improvements did you achieve

cheers pete
I have the AFD 2v's, but from one of the first batches made, so i did have some minor problems fitting. Since then the port alignment problems have been cured. I use a Weiand 2v excellerator, which fit pretty good, and Pacemaker 2v, 4 into 1 extractors that i port matched. They only need portmatching on the right side looking at the heads.(rear of pass and front of the drivers side of extractors). No other exhaust mods needed.

I did get a huge improvement, but did go from a milder hydraulic/homebrand extractors to a new motor, with a decent solid cam & 4-1's. I know guys are saying that the CHI's are far better than anything else, but i plan on showing how well the AFD's work in the new year
Old 12-18-2004, 16:54   #3 (permalink)
ESP Man

Quote:

cheers pete
I have recently fitted up AFD 2v's and opted for the hand ported models.

No fitting problems - inlet and exhaust bolted straight up. Wieand Excellarator 2V and Pacemaker 4V tri Y's (soon to be replaced by Pacy 4 into 1's)

be aware that AFD's have 5/16th stud holes for rocker gear so unless your already running something bigger than std you may have upgrade to some Y/T Platinum R/R's or similar (just another $1100 or so)

I upgraded to a big solid cam and 800 cfm carb. On 1st dyno test made 238rwkw with only 30deg total advance thru toploader & 9". Have since cranked it up to 40 deg total advance with no noticeable pinging and obvious power gain

Revved to 6900 but was leaning out aboive 5000rpm so had to install elect pump and 1/2" line with regulator.

Have just had this done so will be back to dyno soon for carb & timing tune after 4 into 1's go on

Will post results here when I become the next member of the 250rwkw club

Shayne
Old 12-18-2004, 17:10   #4 (permalink)
xbgt coupe 378 efi

cool thanks for that shayne , i am running roller rockers on my open chamber heads now so the studs etc will just transfer across

cheers pete
Old 12-18-2004, 17:12   #5 (permalink)
xbgt coupe 378 efi

what paceys are you fitting i need the 4070 for mine if anyone is selling
cheers pete
Old 12-18-2004, 17:21   #6 (permalink)
ESP Man

Quote:
what paceys are you fitting i need the 4070 for mine if anyone is selling
cheers pete
I forget the model No. but they will be 4v 1 3/4" 4 into 1's to suit XD

I am going 4v because I also have heavily ported cast 2v heads that require 4v headers and if I change back to these heads anytime (I may swap the alloys to another car) they will still fit without modding the exhaust system
Old 12-18-2004, 17:25   #7 (permalink)
xbgt coupe 378 efi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaynet
I forget the model No. but they will be 4v 1 3/4" 4 into 1's to suit XD

I am going 4v because I also have heavily ported cast 2v heads that require 4v headers and if I change back to these heads anytime (I may swap the alloys to another car) they will still fit without modding the exhaust system

the 4v paccers will fit the afd heads anyway without match porting i believe
Old 12-18-2004, 18:12   #8 (permalink)
ESP Man

Quote:
the 4v paccers will fit the afd heads anyway without match porting i believe
The ones I want are PH4075. You have to be careful as there are others in the Pacy range but some won't fit with C4 or FMX transmissions which is a possibility 4 me later on

Yes my older style Pacy 4v tri y's bolted straight up to AFD's with no port clearance issues when I checked the gasket to the heads
Old 12-18-2004, 22:56   #9 (permalink)

xbhoon: are you running roller rockers on the stock pedestals or have they been machined down to use screw in studs?

If machined for studs they would most likely be 7/16 size. Shaynet says they come with 5/16 holes, if so you're looking at a few issues. It would be cheaper to get the holes retapped for your bigger studs than to buy a whole new set of rocker gear.

Can't AFD just machine the holes to the customers requirement?
Old 12-18-2004, 23:05   #10 (permalink)

I think shaynet may have made a blue in saying that they come with 5/16 holes.I think he meant to say that they are machined for 7/16 screw in studs and guideplates.
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech