Another Manifold Question... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2004, 20:18   #1 (permalink)
Proudly Average

Question Another Manifold Question...

hey team,

Just a quick question about manifolds... I've got a fairly stock 302 in my Marquis, running a 600 vac sec Holley, K&N filter, Genie extractors with twin 2.25 inch exhausts, brand new unleaded 2v heads with tuff valve springs. Planning an electronic ignition and cam upgrade in the near future, with longer term plans beind a 351 stroke job/rebuild. Nothing more than that, don't want a 1/4 mile animal, just something that can pull 2 tonnes of Fairlane around the streets.

Anyways, I've been told to p*ss off the stock inlet manifold (currently being used with an adaptor plate for the squarebore Holley) and get something aftermarket. However, the massive King Dragon open filter i have has a bee's d*cks clearance off the bonnet with the current setup.

Are there any worthwhile aftermarket manifolds that are the same/not much taller than stock height? I'm not keen to cut a hole in the bonnet at this stage (will look at a shaker setup further down the track if necessary).

Also not keen to blow the $100+ i spent on this big airfilter (on the recommendation of a VERY well known Brisbane dyno/performance shop, whose services i will NOT be seeking again).

so that's about it. What're my options with respect to a manifold? Will i have to get a skinnier air filter? forget it?

thanks in advance,

Nick
.020 over 351 Clevo, 10:1 comp, ported 302 heads, blueprinted and balanced, custom ground cam, Edelbrock intake, 600 Holley, K&N air filter, Custom Zip-Ties(tm), MSD ignition, Genie extractors, 2 x 2.5" exhaust, 2800rpm stally, rooted C4
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2004, 21:00   #2 (permalink)

Re: Another Manifold Question...

Edelbrock performer is what you want. Same height, dual plane for torque. You'll end up with more clearance because you can get rid of the adapter.
wartide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 21:03   #3 (permalink)
Proudly Average

sounds like a plan... where would be the best place to get hold of one in Brisvegas? any idea of the rough cost?

thanks mate!
.020 over 351 Clevo, 10:1 comp, ported 302 heads, blueprinted and balanced, custom ground cam, Edelbrock intake, 600 Holley, K&N air filter, Custom Zip-Ties(tm), MSD ignition, Genie extractors, 2 x 2.5" exhaust, 2800rpm stally, rooted C4
Old 06-28-2004, 23:40   #4 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.

They are around $350 @ VPW
http://www.vpwmailorder.com/ieframeset.html
falcon coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 23:48   #5 (permalink)
RIP Sox.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartide
Edelbrock performer is what you want. Same height, dual plane for torque. You'll end up with more clearance because you can get rid of the adapter.
Agreed.

Rick.
Soxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 00:02   #6 (permalink)
Proudly Average

just marvelling at what a great resource we have here. Posted in my lunch break, have answers from people with experience by 5pm...

complete opposite of my experiences phoning snake oil salesmen about my carbie...

thanks team!

while i'm at it - has anyone got any advice as to the combo listed above? I've formed the above rough plan by reading stuff here. Trying to keep on some limit on the budget, but i don't mind spending money where necessary.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:05   #7 (permalink)

I 2nd the choice for an Edelbrock Performer, great manifold for this set-up.

Also your last question - not much more you can do to it without spending bigger $, and the next thing would be turn it into a 351.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:16   #8 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKEXD
I 2nd the choice for an Edelbrock Performer, great manifold for this set-up.

Also your last question - not much more you can do to it without spending bigger $, and the next thing would be turn it into a 351.
Yes the Elderbrock Performer is a good manifold for a stock replacement.

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 02:17   #9 (permalink)
Proudly Average

Edelbrock Performer - EB-2750 Non-EGR.Ford 351 C V8,2-V $426.95

that sound like the one?

strokexd - yeah, i figured there wasn't too much more i could do without going to 351. Just planning on getting all the bolt-on stuff sorted beforehand (manifolds, carbies etc)...
Old 06-29-2004, 03:12   #10 (permalink)
Proudly Average

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....sPageName=WDVW

there's one on ebay - reckon it's safe to buy? warping issues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech