anyone buy gear from the usa? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2004, 02:34   #1 (permalink)

anyone buy gear from the usa?

i'd like to hear from anyone who has sourced any clevo items from the US.For example you can pick up a set of Ferrea 5000 valves for as little as 10 bucks eachUS when you will pay 25 aus .Is it worth the hassle or not?
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2004, 02:37   #2 (permalink)
always getting faster!

Re: anyone buy gear from the usa?

I get a heap of stuff off ebay from the states, all my autometer guages and tacho were less than half price brand new, just be careful though, if the listed price on the packaging is more than $300 customs will keep it aside and you will have to pay a little extra to get it in.... Anything under $300 normally arrives within a week, no problems...
Old 02-01-2004, 02:38   #3 (permalink)

It is worth it if you are going to the states. You just bring it back with your luggage.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 02:46   #4 (permalink)
rod

greetings all
i think the best way to do it is if you have somebody over there that you can trust to send it to you

or you can do as i did many many moons ago

upon leaving Australia you will be asked if you are taking anything out of the country that need to be declared & i declared that i was taking a couple of Holden Gemini cylinder heads ( you know the alloy ones with GM cast on the front ) to the land of the big smoke & when they ask why i told them that i was going to get some work done to them

once you arrive in the land of the big smoke ditch them in the first rubbish bin ( not at the airport ) purchase your Air Flow Research 227 cylinder heads have them ported flowed add to that a set of manly pro flow valves, springs, retainers & locks, give them a good coating of penatrine ( crc ) put them in the box the gemini heads were in

on your return you will be asked "DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO DECLARE" you will reply only these gemini cylinder heads that i took to the big smoke to have some work done on & in them days you did not PAY duty or tax on labour so you bought them into the country duty & tax free

regards
rod
Old 02-01-2004, 02:52   #5 (permalink)

I have a friend going to the good old US of A in may. He and his mates are bringing a container back! He says it will cost him 4-5k, so obviously, i gave him my list of must haves! His intention is to bring bits back and pay for his holiday.
mutlley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:17   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

It's always a risk buying stuff from overseas but then again, I agreed to buy something from someone on FF a while back, was all sorted out but never heard from them when the time came.

Rod, the downside is the public admission that you have 2 gemini cyl heads in your possesion !!!
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 04:28   #7 (permalink)

Yeah its worth it I've bought valves, crane roller rockers, ARP studs, guidplates, crane valve springs all for at least 40-50% off Aussie prises. Bought over ebay through a reputable guy.

He shipped in small packages that cost $20 Aus I received in 7 days, no customs, he also marked "Warranty Replacement" on the parcels with a $30 value. If you go one large parcel you'll have to pay tax if you a small parcel with Warrenty replacement no tax and no customs.

With the US dollar at .75 - .80 cents now is the time be buying from the US
clevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 04:36   #8 (permalink)

What's the tax worth.. Is it 30% of the value of the goods?
I8AHSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 05:09   #9 (permalink)

i was hoping the feedback would be good and it seems the positives far outweigh the negatives here.there are some bargains to be had on ebay,just spotted a set of c302b alloy heads ,never been used for 300 bucks us.i,m going to buy a set of ferrea valves i saw and i reckon i can have them landed for around 200 bucks aus ,around half of what youd pay here.
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 05:48   #10 (permalink)
Nod

Hey Clevo can you give us the name of the guy you used. I'd like to see what he's selling, most of the sites I see dont deal outside USA.
Nod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech