Ford Forums banner

Anyone else got an odd engine in their Ford?

6K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  TyreToaster 
#1 ·
Thanks to this page: http://www.falcongt.com.au/ID.html, I've found out what my car is (JG37TUXXXXK). Which is as it should be.

Trouble is, the engine in my car isn't the original one. It's code reads JG37MEXXXXXK. Doing a little reading, that makes it 4.5 years OLDER than my car!! Crazy.

Anyone else got similarly strange stuff going on with their cars and VINs?

Next project is to figure out if my engine is a 302 or 351. :)

#3 ·
mach1mike said:
Hey Neeek, just been though this myself, turns out my 73 351 mach1 mustang has an Aussie 302c! Good news for me though, as I've got a 351c crank etc ready to go in.
The best way to tell the difference is measure the stoke- 3inch= 302 & 3.5 inch +351.
So that means you've got an American Mustang, currently in the UK, with an Australian engine in it?

You win.

#5 ·
on Fords the part number of stuff will have the year and the DA for example my car is a november 87 XF and most part numbers should begin with 84DA through to 87DA... well I've got an 80DA dipstick, an 88DA radiator and a 76DA part somewhere in there as well

#13 ·
GammaBoy said:
Lol... I actually suspect the heads I've got are 351M heads... different exhaust port... but not for long... My tax refund is funding a new motor... :D
My tax BILL is funding YOUR tax refund!!:flip: :angry:

#15 ·
rod said:
i have an odd engine in my BA it has an F.P.V. engine number & oddly enough it doesnt use oil :3monkeys:

regards
rod
FPR is what you'v got to worry about !!!

#16 ·
Who ever buys my car is gonna have a field day with mis-matched parts!

#17 ·
The only part on my car thats Ford is distributor, water pump,and accessaries..The rest is either Tremec, Dart,Eagle,Oliver or TFS...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.