blown cleveland - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2005, 02:45   #1 (permalink)
wizardry

confused blown cleveland

is there out there in the never never at low rise manifold for the cleveland to suit a 671 under the bonnet of a xy falcon?
any help would be appreciated
wizardry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2005, 06:40   #2 (permalink)
Hanging Around

Re: blown cleveland

no chance, not a 6/71

you might fit a small eaton on there, but it will have to be EFI. The carb definately wont fit under the bonnet
Old 03-16-2005, 14:54   #3 (permalink)
'60 F100 Q-Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardry
is there out there in the never never at low rise manifold for the cleveland to suit a 671 under the bonnet of a xy falcon?
A 6:71 stands a good 10-12" (or more) above the manifold not counting the carburetor base.

The preferred way to go appears to be a Paxton-style supercharger. Under the hood and you've got another 200-300 HP (or even more) on demand.

:davis:
davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 23:43   #4 (permalink)
under thumb

There is a guy in Hamilton VIC by the name of Grahem Docherty I think he trades under Docs performance who did this to a XY ute years ago and got it under the bonnet! maybe worth a try?
Old 03-26-2005, 04:31   #5 (permalink)

ikts hard to find a normal manifold for a clev / 671
pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 04:40   #6 (permalink)
ignorance is bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyfmtjoe
There is a guy in Hamilton VIC by the name of Grahem Docherty I think he trades under Docs performance who did this to a XY ute years ago and got it under the bonnet! maybe worth a try?
It was fitted underbonnet only difference was an oversize shaker from memory. He left Hamilton a looooooooong time ago is now in Melb I think last I saw him he was racing SRA type Sprintcars
clevokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 14:25   #7 (permalink)

I had looked at doing this many times. Doc also was using lowered engine mounts which caused some concern for me. Good luck with your endevours.
xw383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 15:32   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardry
A mate of mine runs the B&M brand of supercharger under the bonnet in a XB GT no mods to bonnet at all cracks very streetable 500-550hp.
351ClevoCorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 14:07   #9 (permalink)
'60 F100 Q-Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351ClevoCorty
A mate of mine runs the B&M brand of supercharger under the bonnet in a XB GT no mods to bonnet at all cracks very streetable 500-550hp.
...is it a Windsor? I've never seen a B&M manifold for a Cleveland.

There are a number of different B&M blowers. They have two small blowers and a 6:71, I think. The smaller blowers are like 260ci and 380ci (best I can recall...probably should just check their site, but I'm too lazy!) and the large blower is something like 426ci, which is typical for a 6:71.

I've had a lot of roots-blown cars. The thing to remember is that every revolution of the blower produces positive displacement. At 1:1 drive, a 426ci blower will pump a 357ci engine with a bunch extra air/fuel. At 25% overdriven, things start to get exciting! By the time you approach 50% overdrive, if you can still get traction, you won't be able to hang on that hard!

Blowers are pure fun...except when they aren't! They make tons of extra heat. They burn boat loads of fuel. And, everytime you kick it in the pants you get a sore neck!

The easiest way to tell a blower wannabe is when they're driving around the pits at full idle with the blower "surging" them along. Those are the kind of guys that you really enjoy flying past N/A.

davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 03:33   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis
...is it a Windsor? I've never seen a B&M manifold for a Cleveland.

There are a number of different B&M blowers. They have two small blowers and a 6:71, I think. The smaller blowers are like 260ci and 380ci (best I can recall...probably should just check their site, but I'm too lazy!) and the large blower is something like 426ci, which is typical for a 6:71.

I've had a lot of roots-blown cars. The thing to remember is that every revolution of the blower produces positive displacement. At 1:1 drive, a 426ci blower will pump a 357ci engine with a bunch extra air/fuel. At 25% overdriven, things start to get exciting! By the time you approach 50% overdrive, if you can still get traction, you won't be able to hang on that hard!

Blowers are pure fun...except when they aren't! They make tons of extra heat. They burn boat loads of fuel. And, everytime you kick it in the pants you get a sore neck!

The easiest way to tell a blower wannabe is when they're driving around the pits at full idle with the blower "surging" them along. Those are the kind of guys that you really enjoy flying past N/A.

No it's on a cleveland. I'm not sure what one it is but it's definitely a B&M. He's been running it for about, must be a good 6-8 yrs.
351ClevoCorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech