bolt on rollers 4 alloys? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2005, 15:17   #1 (permalink)

bolt on rollers 4 alloys?

i have a new set of fords own bolt on roller rockers but i may go to alloy heads anybody know if/how i fit them to alloys with no pedastals? do i simply bolt in studs and they will fit as the other set ford sell look pretty similar except they fit to studs. dont really want to re / buy more rr,s.
help!
carpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2005, 16:18   #2 (permalink)

Re: bolt on rollers 4 alloys?

If you have the 5/16 pedastals and it sounds like you need the 7/16 studs!
New rockers I reckon!
northiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 17:26   #3 (permalink)
Boost Is for Pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpunk
i have a new set of fords own bolt on roller rockers but i may go to alloy heads anybody know if/how i fit them to alloys with no pedastals? do i simply bolt in studs and they will fit as the other set ford sell look pretty similar except they fit to studs. dont really want to re / buy more rr,s.
help!
The problem is is that the bolt ons will probably be machined for a 5/16th cap screw, whereas clevo stud mount rockers are generally set up for 7/16th studs. I spose if you dissasembled the rockers you could get the shafts machined for 7/16th and then use them as stud mounts.
GammaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 19:58   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpunk
help!
You have 2 options.
1/ keep the rockers you have, and run steel std 2v heads and hydraulic cam of 530 or so lift, or
2/ Buy the propper set up and run the alloys and solid cam. There is no magic wand that will fix this problem. This is a re-run of your last thread.
Just work out which way you want to go, and do it.
Old 05-10-2005, 22:38   #5 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Best leave the project off the road for an extra month or two and do it right. As half arse comes back to bite you always.
Old 05-10-2005, 23:15   #6 (permalink)
BLOWNXD

hey carpunk i actually have a set of Yella Terra 7/16th 1.73 rockers suit clevo for sale only been on previous heads for less than 500kms all i want is 400 for them they cost 700-750 new email me if ur interested good luck with the rest of the build :)
XD408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 03:58   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
Best leave the project off the road for an extra month or two and do it right. As half arse comes back to bite you always.
Mate, I saw the old green girl in Hallam's yesterday...........collecting a bit of dust out the back!..........you must be itching.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:06   #8 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu351
Mate, I saw the old green girl in Hallam's yesterday...........collecting a bit of dust out the back!..........you must be itching.
I'm itching by my wallet/credit cards won't be happy. I gather it's still sitting on the 2nd hoist in beside the pontiac? I was last in there on Monday. No word on leaf springs
Old 05-11-2005, 04:16   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
I'm itching by my wallet/credit cards won't be happy. I gather it's still sitting on the 2nd hoist in beside the pontiac? I was last in there on Monday. No word on leaf springs
Yep..........back wheels off, no movement yet. Took me a while to find the joint after I had the old address.

There's some serious burnouts past their workshop around that industrial area!! Good place for a test and tune
Old 05-12-2005, 08:33   #10 (permalink)

i can see how this looks/sounds truth is i have all my parts its just that
1. i am owed a job by the local race engine shop
2. i would eventually like some alloy heads so before i use my ford rollers i want to know all my options so i can choose to sell new stuff or use then swap onto new alloys
3. i am off to usa soon so may as well bring home parts
4. i was offered great cam v cheap but found out it means junking other parts
i just want to know all my options before it gos back together its no loss to sell my new stuff as it costs double here what i paid in usa so i doubt il lose out.
carpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech