Brenxs calder video - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2005, 05:24   #1 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.

Brenxs calder video

Click HERE and save as 4.7 meg.
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005, 05:54   #2 (permalink)

Re: Brenxs calder video

It's interesting. Launch looks good, he beats the other car out of the hole. Mid-track the other car passes Brenx, but then Brenx regains lost ground.

So it seems to me like his car is dropping out mid track, and maybe not recovering well on the 1st to 2nd gear change.

Perhaps their's more that's not optimum than just the stall, like fuel issues.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:06   #3 (permalink)
New toy in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKEXD
It's interesting. Launch looks good, he beats the other car out of the hole. Mid-track the other car passes Brenx, but then Brenx regains lost ground.

So it seems to me like his car is dropping out mid track, and maybe not recovering well on the 1st to 2nd gear change.

Perhaps their's more that's not optimum than just the stall, like fuel issues.
Yeah thats what i thought on the night as well. When he stalled it up it would also fuel up like it is running to rich. I dare say we will work it out.
ch7472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 07:07   #4 (permalink)
BLOWNXD

i was gonna say the same thing looked like it left the line fine you could hear it spinning but definately was in front of the other car to mid track, you hear brenx change gears and it souns like it drops off??? and picks it up again past 3/4 track something wrong there. same mph as the other almost exactly so low 11s should be on the cards. Its just weird that it drops out mid track
XD408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 07:30   #5 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

I thought the first 10 metres appox looked like it was in two stages roll off then take off then looked slugish mid track then good
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 15:15   #6 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Here's the data -:

Me

60 = 2.001
660= 8.029 76.92mph
ET=12.319@115.36

Other lane -:

60=1.603
660=7.447 91.15mph
ET=11.726@115.75mph

On that last pass the launch felt good but the slip said otherwise. I dare say it didn't get out of the hole The suspension looks like it's doing what it should. The 2nd gear change drops totally out of the cam power. Which it didn't do on other pass's. Although I went from 76.92mph ->115.36 in the top 8th of the track.

I'll try and post the other two run later which actually show it almost stalling on launch. On my 1st pass you see the other car go but I sit there as the car went to go then it decided nah. Lets just stall out.

Tony xa is correct. I did have to stage twice before taking off. I had it all right to go and the other car took for ever to stage. I waited for the green light went to launch it did nothing. I hit the transbrake again allowing it to stall up on the convertor and we were out of there for the 2nd time lucky.
Old 06-06-2005, 17:42   #7 (permalink)

The video wont work for me, but when you say it loads up on the brake, what do you mean? Do you mean when its braked, or when its launched?

You definately have a problem. A CHI headed Cleveland weapon on slicks with such a high stall should be 60 footing in 1.5's minimum.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 17:56   #8 (permalink)

Is that with your new powerglide brenx. Who built the box. Did you say in anonther post that the stall was a 6000. If so thats far too big. Car looks good on video. Still down on mph though. Should be 120+ with the amount of work your motor has done to it. Stick with it you will get there. Just takes time.
crochunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 18:21   #9 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer
The video wont work for me, but when you say it loads up on the brake, what do you mean? Do you mean when its braked, or when its launched?

You definately have a problem. A CHI headed Cleveland weapon on slicks with such a high stall should be 60 footing in 1.5's minimum.
It should work as Nick only encoded it as WMV which is windows media player. What I mean by "loads up" is like putting a 750dp holley on a bog stock V8. You put your foot down and the fire wants to go out instead of screaming to life. It just fuels up.

Crochunter :the stall is a 9 or 9.5" 5200rpm stall designed to behind a blown engine. The stall came from behind a blown 400 ford F100. Behind my N/A engine it only stalls to 3300rpm on a transbrake and 2600rpm on the footbrake. I spoke with TCE before using the convertor they weren't sure of how many rpm it'd stall to but said it should see 4000-4500rpm. Which it hasn't. I've spoke with TCE again yesterday. They said minimum stall for my engine using a glide is 4800rpm and 5000rpm suited the setup. Since I'm not really after comprimise so I'll get a 5000rpm stall.

This is how is works in regards to a glide conversion and use from a 3spd box. What ever convertor you used you need to add an extra 500rpm roughly for it to work the same or better.

[edit]The box is an exact copy of a Raceglides box. It was built by KB autos in Berwick. The box came from a 10sec F100 truck before being fitted to my car. The owners going full race 460+CI with a lenco. I bought a few parts of his driveline.
Old 06-06-2005, 19:13   #10 (permalink)

I can't say i agree with their stall recommendations either. You would normally find a 5,000 convertor in a 9 second n/a car with a 265@50 solid roller.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech