camshaft sensor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-09-05, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
camshaft sensor

I have a 2002 ford taurus. I recently had the camshaft sychronization sensor replaced at a repair shop. About one- two weeks after i had this work done, i went out to my vehicle and discovered a pool of red/pink fluid underneath the engine. I'm assuming this is transmission fluid, but I have not had the vehicle checked out as of yet. I was curious as to if this could be related to the recent work i had done or if this was just its time. although i had not noticed any signs of transmission problems. The camshaft sensor was pretty much the first work I've had done on the vehicle which has about 60000 miles on it. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-09-05, 01:50 AM
Re: camshaft sensor

Try checking your power steering pump & hoses (I'm assuming this vehicle has P/S), they may have had to remove the pump to get at the sensor???

"If it's got Tit's or Wheels it is going to cost you money"
Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts