Car decisions - please help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2004, 21:30   #1 (permalink)

Car decisions - please help

Hi all

Im really stuck between a rock and a hard place with my car decisions at the moment. Currently i have a nice XD (needs a bit of body work) with toploader and a nine inch ( i was thinkin project car..). Now i could spend around 8 grand on this bitch to get it goin hard, or i could sell that falcon. That will put me out of pocket a car but with around 4.5k cash. i was thinkin if i save and get an early model xr6, and turbo it. Im torn between havin a nice oldschool falcon and a newer riced up falcon. im not exactly sure whether i want to sell it or turn it into a street machine..

Please help!!!
Leaks
Dents and;
Engine
Noise

FOR SALE: 1980 XD, Recently rebuilt 9" disc diff, with 3.25 gears, toploader with hurst shifter kit, 302C, DBA slotted and cross driled rotors, Fairmont interior with modified centre console, jellybean mags, reasonably good condition, driveline will handle 400+rwhp PM FOR PICS asking $3500
XDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2004, 21:34   #2 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Re: Car decisions - please help

Save your dosh for a newer vehicle,save hard and you will get what you want.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 21:38   #3 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

I Agree..

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 21:42   #4 (permalink)

351 xm-xt
class and power to boot
streaksinthesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 21:46   #5 (permalink)
CRAZY, not stupid

I have been fortunate enough to go in the JMM supercharged EF XR6 and believe me when I say a forced induction staright six goes off. I have also been in a turbocharged EA, and it makes you wonder why we work on the old V8's. Get rid of the old girl and by a new school car. Make sure you look around and get the right advice before you start.

Ban Low Performance Drivers, Not High Performance Cars
tnsfci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 21:47   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDman
Hi all

Im really stuck between a rock and a hard place with my car decisions at the moment. Currently i have a nice XD (needs a bit of body work) with toploader and a nine inch ( i was thinkin project car..). Now i could spend around 8 grand on this bitch to get it goin hard, or i could sell that falcon. That will put me out of pocket a car but with around 4.5k cash. i was thinkin if i save and get an early model xr6, and turbo it. Im torn between havin a nice oldschool falcon and a newer riced up falcon. im not exactly sure whether i want to sell it or turn it into a street machine..

Please help!!!
Buy an XD with a good body. The newer XR6's are a bit of a dispointment and you will suffer from depreciation.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 21:53   #7 (permalink)

xbgs, that might be true, but im gonna keep this car for a long time (newer xr6) cause im going to fully rebuild and blow it. Should be interesting... Ive got 6k on my falcon out the front of my house, hopefully i get that for it, would be shweeet! only another 5k to save.. then another 7k for the turbo setup... things we do for cars these days.. :D
Leaks
Dents and;
Engine
Noise

FOR SALE: 1980 XD, Recently rebuilt 9" disc diff, with 3.25 gears, toploader with hurst shifter kit, 302C, DBA slotted and cross driled rotors, Fairmont interior with modified centre console, jellybean mags, reasonably good condition, driveline will handle 400+rwhp PM FOR PICS asking $3500
XDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 00:43   #8 (permalink)

I would give you another perspective XDman.

Having had the same XD for 12 years and spending soo much money on it - some people think I'm crazy, but the rewards are worth it in my view!

To customise your own car is an awesome experience. If you are the sort of person that enjoys being a bit different from the mainstream, and can see that owning a custom or hotted car as "art" and lifestyle, as well as functional, then go for it and keep your XD.

If you are the sort of guy that just enjoys a great driving experience then sell the XD and get something much more reliable, efficient and practical.

Either way, follow your own heart and not the opinions of others.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:50   #9 (permalink)
5.8 litre

Old V8's. Nothing else sounds the same. The rumble, shake and thunder. Mmmmmm.
Sounds like you have already made up your mind.
xd351ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:29   #10 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

another thing to consider is that whatever you do all it takes is for you to samsh it or someone to smash into you and write it off and its all gone...all those hard earned $$$ down the drain.
not really an advantage either way but keep that in the back of your mind for either car you decide on. point is if you cant get insurance on what you do then dont do it coz you will eventually lose it one way or another.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech