Carter = :)...kinda - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2005, 13:13   #1 (permalink)

Carter = :)...kinda

Hey all,

the holley finally shat itself, So saturday was spent rebuilding the old thermoquad. Not a hard rebuilt at all, and I made sure EVERTYTHING was crystal clean before it went back together.

The motor has never idled as smooth... seriously, a 50c coin could ballance on this thing now the only problem i'm having now is a massive flat spot on take off. The model is a 6-2146. The metering rods are adjusted as per instructions on http://www.thermoquads.com, and the flat spot got even bigger.

Basically what i'd like to know is, should the primary jets be increased in size to cure this flatspot? The reason I ask this is because under heavy acceleration, she lean fires, also under deacceleration theres a very faint pop pop pop from the exhaust that was never there with the holley.

I know everyone thinks that they're a bitch to set up, but there has to be someone on here that doesn't have the "piss it off and put a holley on it" answer for me

anyone??
xemeanmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2005, 20:01   #2 (permalink)

Re: Carter = :)...kinda

If you are in Perth - AJM Carburettors in O'Connor. Flat spot cured for sure.
paull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 20:10   #3 (permalink)

nah mate, i'm in brisbane :(

I've run a couple of places today, and nobody seams to wanna help. I'm keeping faith tho haha
Old 02-21-2005, 01:22   #4 (permalink)

I don't have much for ya mate howeva do a few checks like wif a vac gauge just incase u hav a leak somewhere, I've heard of those plastic bowls warping over time! another thing check ur fuel pressure just to make sure and after those 2 a rite just pay someone 25bucks to put the gas analyser on it and give the mixtures a tweek. if u rebuilt it I assume the accel pump is ok howeva were u careful with that plastic fuel line in the carb that feeds the accel pump circuit, was it on tight and not kinked when assembled? hopefully that gives u something to do.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:30   #5 (permalink)

Thanks Ziggy, Yeah i made sure that little plastic hose was all cool. Theres no leaks anywhere, we've checked all that. I'm pretty positive now that its something to do with the metering rods/jets being the wrong size. I guess i'll have to keep hunting around the interweb and see what I can find
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech