Ford Forums banner

Check out this "GT" engine

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  xbgs351 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The engine no is on the pic but the pic is too small to enlarge to see the number. Ask him to email you the pic so you can enlarge it ;)

I had a bloke offer me a XE block for $2500. For obvious reasons I didn't buy it.

Brenden

#4 ·
brenx said:
I had a bloke offer me a XE block for $2500. For obvious reasons I didn't buy it.

Brenden
Was it a block from one of those famous 11-second motors? ;)

As for what a GT engine would be worth, I'd say not much more than a regular one. After all, it's already out of the car it came in and will never go back so there's no value in the matching numbers bit. Unless you're the owner of the car it came out of, in which case it would be worth a fair bit to them, I imagine!

Complete GTs are one thing, but a GT engine? Other than the VIN number and the possible inclusion of 4-bolt mains, is there actually any difference between one out of an XB Fairmont and an XB GT?

#5 ·
Neeek said:
Was it a block from one of those famous 11-second motors? ;)

As for what a GT engine would be worth, I'd say not much more than a regular one. After all, it's already out of the car it came in and will never go back so there's no value in the matching numbers bit. Unless you're the owner of the car it came out of, in which case it would be worth a fair bit to them, I imagine!

Complete GTs are one thing, but a GT engine? Other than the VIN number and the possible inclusion of 4-bolt mains, is there actually any difference between one out of an XB Fairmont and an XB GT?
It'd only be worth $ to a GT owner or the owner of the GT it originated from.

2 differences. 4 bolt but a 2 bolt block has the same metal and can be converted to 4 bolt easily enough. The 4V heads but hey it's got 2V's.

So essentially it's not worth much.

Brenden

#6 ·
brenx said:
It'd only be worth $ to a GT owner or the owner of the GT it originated from.

2 differences. 4 bolt but a 2 bolt block has the same metal and can be converted to 4 bolt easily enough. The 4V heads but hey it's got 2V's.

So essentially it's not worth much.

Brenden

JG33MA: = march 1972, from an XAGT.

If the car was an auto it should have 2V heads not 4V heads (4V's on manual square block GT's only).
March is very early for a square block in an XA though...... hmm.
D block motors were in all XAGTs till mid 72, they all had 4V heads.
All GT motors were 2 bolt.
Yes its only worth the extra money to someone trying to put the original motor back in their GT, otherwise its no different to any other cleveland block.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.