Cleveland Low Profile Blower - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2005, 20:48   #1 (permalink)

Cleveland Low Profile Blower

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a low profile or under bonnet blower for a 351 Cleveland (particularly one of the B&M versions). If anyone has one for sale or knows of one I am prepared to pay top dollar for the right blower. I am in Brisbane, Queensland and I am willing to pay all transportation costs.

Email: poneill3@bigpond.net.au
pone@ozemail.com.au

Tel: 0403 258 894 (Peter)
69Muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2005, 02:09   #2 (permalink)

Re: Cleveland Low Profile Blower

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Muz
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a low profile or under bonnet blower for a 351 Cleveland (particularly one of the B&M versions). If anyone has one for sale or knows of one I am prepared to pay top dollar for the right blower. I am in Brisbane, Queensland and I am willing to pay all transportation costs.

pone@ozemail.com.au

peter,i,m not sure about the B@M stuff but i might be able to guide youi in the right direction. I have a friend who is building a 69 mustang with an Opcon Auto rotor blower which apparently will fit under the hood. It is bolted to a much modified weiand xcellerator manifold which in turn is connected to a 351 clev.I,m sure for the right money he can turn up another.Have i got your interest yet?
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 14:09   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russxr67
peter,i,m not sure about the B@M stuff but i might be able to guide youi in the right direction. I have a friend who is building a 69 mustang with an Opcon Auto rotor blower which apparently will fit under the hood. It is bolted to a much modified weiand xcellerator manifold which in turn is connected to a 351 clev.I,m sure for the right money he can turn up another.Have i got your interest yet?
Yes you have my interest, I would be interested in getting some more info on his setup and some pics if he has a digital camera. Does the blower sit on top of the motor or off to the side? Thanks for your reply, any more info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Peter.
Old 11-03-2005, 17:38   #4 (permalink)
351 XE on LPG

I remember once seeing an XY (I think) in a mag where the guy had lowered the entire motor and trans (to maintain correct geometry) using custom mounts, so that he could run a 6-71 without it poking out of the bonnet too much.

It looked a bit like a sleeper, but of cause wouldn’t have sounded like one.

There was something sticking out of the bonnet, but it wasn’t much more then a shaker or low profile scoop. Looked good.
Rhett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 18:53   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes you have my interest, I would be interested in getting some more info on his setup and some pics if he has a digital camera. Does the blower sit on top of the motor or off to the side? Thanks for your reply, any more info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Peter.
The blower does sit on top. I,m seeing him this arvo so i,ll try to get some more info and pics.
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:47   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi all,

pone@ozemail.com.au

look on us ebay mtrs at 8011044719 it was up to us $910.00 , it looks shabby but then again looks are not everything
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:38   #7 (permalink)
'60 F100 Q-Code

Quote:
Hi all,

pone@ozemail.com.au

Why not get something like a Novi 2000 or other centrifugal type blower?

:davis:
davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 20:21   #8 (permalink)

Damn, thanks reece, that would have been ideal but I missed it. I had to go away for the weekend. :( I can't understand why my searches on ebay didn't turn that one up. I will just have to keep looking. Thanks anyway. Thanks russ, that would be greatly appreciated. Just a personal taste thing davis, I like the look where the blower sits on top rather than mounted on the side.

Cheers all,
Peter
Old 11-15-2005, 15:17   #9 (permalink)

Still looking.

Quote:
Damn, thanks reece, that would have been ideal but I missed it. I had to go away for the weekend. :( I can't understand why my searches on ebay didn't turn that one up. I will just have to keep looking. Thanks anyway. Thanks russ, that would be greatly appreciated. Just a personal taste thing davis, I like the look where the blower sits on top rather than mounted on the side.

Cheers all,
Peter
Old 11-16-2005, 01:21   #10 (permalink)

I realise you’d prefer a B&M, but Wieand sell remanufactured ones. Mini blower kits are only 3K new here in aust anyway so their reco would have to be pretty cheap. Plus you know you’re getting what you pay for.
351ZAFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech