Cleveland Reving Out - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2005, 02:23   #1 (permalink)

confused Cleveland Reving Out

my brothers 302 C4 Power XC seems to be reving out and not changing gears when it should, what would cause this?
sbf_302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2005, 03:31   #2 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Re: Cleveland Reving Out

low trans fluid or trashed trans. Could be a vacuum issue too. I had similar when I shoved a supposed small cam which ended up being massive in a 253. A manual box fixed it

Brenden
Old 01-03-2005, 03:48   #3 (permalink)
xbgt coupe 378 efi

hey brenx is your xb on the road now ?

cheers pete
xbhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 04:04   #4 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

I've got the heads off it having some things changed and are also adding bits and pieces to make more power. Should have the heads back soon I hope. CHI has them. Hopefully it'll back together very soon. As I want to work out what costs of parts changes are so I can buy some more things for the car.

Other than that, yes, it is on the road sort of. I'm continually fiddling to make it faster. If I can? I'd like to attend the strip this month. Also need to line up a dyno again to tune for my changes.

Brenden
Old 01-03-2005, 04:06   #5 (permalink)
xbgt coupe 378 efi

ok so you didnt over rev it & damage anything then
Old 01-03-2005, 04:13   #6 (permalink)
xbgt coupe 378 efi

found this thread on another dragster.com.au website & thought it was you

Anyone here fiddling with CHI 3V heads?
Just wondering what sort of power your doing and camshaft choice you made. Also whether the heads have been touched in anyway.

Basically my setup is:
CHI 3v 218cc
Weiand Xcellerator with a 1" spacer
750dp Holley
Blueracer solid cam 248@50 606thou lift
11.2:1 compression (runs pump fuel 95/98RON)

I made 279rwkw @ 6600rpm with fuel pressure problems. With exhaust on. Prior it made 230rwkw with everything the same except using 2V's that had tonnes of work done to them.

The exhaust systems twin 2 1/2" system with triple flow mufflers (yup not straight throughs). I run a C4 with a 4500rpm histall and 4.11's in the bum.

In a fuel size XB Falcon it ran 11.96@113.65mph driving off the line and skipping 2nd gear. Only go one pass as it gripped up so hard, the rear universal joint was mashed.

I've got the heads being repaired from an over-rev and are getting the CHI manifold while I am there. In Jan I'll do some dyno testing and attempt to do some more 1/4 pass's without hurting anything. I'm not looking to run without exhausts etc. I know it'll make more power. My aim is to go fast and keep it legal. Even db legal.

Brenden

----------------
Old 01-03-2005, 04:17   #7 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbhoon
ok so you didnt over rev it & damage anything then
Yup, thats my post on those forums.

Yup, over-rev'd and damaged what was thought to be 2 valves but I now know it was 3 valves (2 inlet and 1 exhaust). I'm having the heads sorted via CHI and are also doing some while we are there kind of things. No sense not fiddling a little. Engines not harmed but heads needed a very very very slight tidy, 3 valves, 3 guides and 2 seats.

This is where I am at with the XB (my toy). I'm upgrading the valvetrain for silly rpm (I mean silly rpm). So totally new valvetrain less valves. Also reducing the combustion chamber for higher compression. Yes, 11.2:1 works but I want to push limits a tad more. Fitting a rpm limiter/ignition amplifier. Fitting caltracs. Removing lowering blocks and fitting superlow leafsprings. Debating whether to do the tailshaft at the same time. Then throw it back on the dyno to hopefully get the 300rwkw I am after. Then drop the pipes and see what happens. Then off to the track to blow my current pb 1/4 time out of the water again.

Brenden
Old 01-03-2005, 05:21   #8 (permalink)

Dude.............I'm hangin' to see what happens with those pipes off. STOP making me wait so long!! I can predict your grin on the dyno already.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:43   #9 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu351
Dude.............I'm hangin' to see what happens with those pipes off. STOP making me wait so long!! I can predict your grin on the dyno already.
It' the downfalls of the automotive industry. Nothing ever happens fast ever. Bit's and pieces take forever. I think my delays are due to Christmas/New years etc. I've got plenty to do around the house for the moment. So it doesn't bother me too much.

I went for a ride in XBWGN's 255rwkw wagon on new years eve and Falcon Coupes 270rwkw XA-GT Coupe today. Both have me itching to drive the XB again ASAP. Falcon coupes XA GT can only be summed up in tow words "bloody awsome". Got the adrenalin happening again. The feeling of being shoved, not pushed but shoved back into the seat is a nice familiar feeling. That I haven't had for about 3-4 weeks. I am looking forward to that feeling again happening via command of my right foot.

Brenden
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech