Cleveland thermostat housings - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2005, 23:59   #1 (permalink)
82XE 351c

Cleveland thermostat housings

hey all
got the coolant drooped playing with my heads so i thought i might as well take the chance to get rid of my ugly thermo housing,
I am using a shitty looking cast one with two threaded holes i have plugged with old 6cl switches :)
I want one for an XE falcon, so its kinda south west facing, north being towards the driver... goes up, then 90 degree bend like normal.

Can you get these without the holes in alloy or atleast a nice cast? anyone know of them?

I have had a good look about and tried rocket etc to no avail.

cheers
pracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2005, 00:51   #2 (permalink)

Re: Cleveland thermostat housings

My guess is that you won't be able to get them without the 2 holes on the top. They are there for the "polution gear" minded person - unlike myself!

You say you have them plugged with "switches"..........if you just put some nice brass or anodized blue/red aluminium plugs in it would look OK.

The other option is to fit an old falcon chrome housing with no 90* neck, just straight up. You'll have to buy the matching hose. Just check the lengths of the hose though, I think the XD/E radiators are wider & therefore the radiator inlet is further away.

So, instead of heading SW to the inlet, old falcons are more SSW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech