Cleveland Tuning - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2002, 22:13   #1 (permalink)
rice_eater

Question Cleveland Tuning

Hi all, what plugs would you recommend running in a 351 Cleveland with increased compression, increased breathing and electronic Bosch dizzy? What gaps should they be set at?

Also, any recommendations on a good oil for the clevo?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2002, 23:30   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I use NGK plugs (one range colder than the norm for 351 XA .. cant remember the P/N ATM) ... the gaps.. um... whatever the stock gap is (damn..memory fading!). I use GTX2 at the moment but may check out a synthetic oil soon.. it's safe to say the motor has been run in now......
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 01:52   #3 (permalink)

BP6FS ngk.. The 6 is the heat range...5's + 6's were used in these engines,the 6 is the cooler of the two....You shouldn't need to go any cooler than that..
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 07:48   #4 (permalink)
rice_eater

Thanks for the info guys. What kind of gaps are you running? - taking into consideration electronic dizzy?
Old 11-14-2002, 07:59   #5 (permalink)
rice_eater

What do you think about running synthetic? I was reading, I think on the crower cam, or maybe crane, website that they strongly suggest not using synthetics ot semis on older V8s because the benifits of running it are vastly outweighed by the disadvantages. Off the top of my head, I think it was lack of heat capacity and lifter performance decrease ith synthetics - can't remember exactly though.
Old 11-14-2002, 12:31   #6 (permalink)

I would only use synthetic on a newer OHC engine, they need to get the oil up to the top in a hurry. On the clevo just use a good quality 15W-40 and change it often (5,000k's).

Read this one:http://members.tripod.com/~RoverSD_1/oil.html
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech