• Davies Craig 0404 Thermal Switch and Relay

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • A different brand/type switch is better....info pls

Votes: 2 50.0%

Clevo Cooling - Thermal Switches

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  GRUMPY1 
#1 ·
Hey all,
Just putting in my cooling system this week, Was wondering what switches you guys are using?
I guess most are using Davies Craigs?
I'v got an XE 351c, STND water pump, robertshaw thermostat (180f i think), and aussie desert cooler 3 row tripple flow.
what is the best switch to use here, best place for the probe?

0401 Thermatic Fan Switch – This mechanical switch is located next to the radiator and a copper probe is mounted inside the radiator hose to detect the cooling system temperature. The thermal switch is adjustable from 80 degC to 115 degC and is connected to the ignition circuit for operation. The kit contains the thermal switch, mounting bracket a length of wire connectors and a rubber seal. This switch is suitable for operation with 12 and 24 Volt systems.

0402 Electronic Thermal Switch – This switch is provided with a probe to be mounted on the face of the radiator core to detect the temperature of incoming air. The thermal switch is adjustable from 40 degC to 99 degC and can be operated both thermally and also when the air conditioner is running. The kit contains the thermal switch/relay, mounting hardware, electric wiring, connectors and probe. This switch is only suitable for 12 Volts operation.

0404 Thermal Switch and Relay – This kit is the same as for the 0401 but includes an additional relay and wiring harness which will allow operation both thermally and when the air conditioner is running. This switch is only suitable for 12 Volts operation

taken from
http://www.daviescraig.com.au/main/display.asp?pid=15

Thanks heaps fellas

See less See more
#2 ·
One that sits in the coolant will be more accurate than one that measure air temp. I use the capillary tube in the top radiator hose but a lot of people think this is bodge. I have seen other types tha screw into the thermostat housing (XC type).

#3 ·
I have the same decision to make, Im running thermos and a 170f stat. Problem is apart from the capiiary type in the hose job all the others are to higher temperature range. VDO do screw type sensor that make/break on temperature thing is they start at 88c which is higher than I need. Sensing the incoming air as you stated would be a waste of time I think. Im curently running a manual SPDT switch for one or twin fan operation which works well and you can swicth them off for when you want max HP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.