Ford Forums banner

Clevo "D" Block value

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mustang70 
#1 ·
I have just come into my possession a Clevo "D" Block. I have heard that the XY boys are interested in these! What is one worth in running condition?

#2 ·
BAWITHLOT said:
I have just come into my possession a Clevo "D" Block. I have heard that the XY boys are interested in these! What is one worth in running condition?
If its a US one with no engine number on the pad at the front then you need to find a guy with a GT that has its engine missing. Then it has to have the right date codes. If it has been in a Aussie car with a Aussie engine number then I would say its worth the same as any other Cleveland in the same condition.

Steve

#3 ·
jg66me said:
If its a US one with no engine number on the pad at the front then you need to find a guy with a GT that has its engine missing. Then it has to have the right date codes. If it has been in a Aussie car with a Aussie engine number then I would say its worth the same as any other Cleveland in the same condition.

Steve
Hi, I've got a March 1974 block for sale as described by Steve above. No engine number at all on the side of the block. Cheers, Adrian (Jim).

#4 ·
a US unnumbered block went on ebay aus for over $8000 if i remember rightly. i nearly fell off my chair when i saw the winning bid. it has supposedly been in storage since new,greased up and wrapped for 30 years.having barely ever run. but i've seen other people looking for highish prices ($1000au +) get no bids.perhaps wrong casting dates? let us all know what you find out, ive got an un numbered D block too. i had a great argument with the guy at licensing,him saying every engine has a number, implying i'd ground/filled them in.i think in the end he wrote the casting numbers as the engine number,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.