Ford Forums banner

The Clevo has landed

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  old_mate 
#1 ·
The 'other' Fairmont arrived today :)

I'd love to be able to post up some pics, but my ISP doesnt give me any webspace at the moment. If anyone wants to host them for me, please let me know :)

Had the best fun today spinning the tyres thru 1st, 2nd and into 3rd in the dry. Dont know how a stock Clevo actually goes, but this thing has a little bit of poke (compared to the TQE)

its just a shame my toploader has the sloppiest shift ever, its quite a forceful process changing cogs (but still fun). Looking forward to driving this baby for the next couple of months, then retiring it for a couple of years in the shed for a makeover

God save the XY Falcon!

#3 ·
Cheers

Just disappointed myself a bit. I went and had a look at the car last week, took some mental notes of what I should have been looking for as far as factory options go (engine, trans etc). But somehow I stuffed up thinking it was a Factory 351, 4 speed example. She originally started life as a six, column shift :( Therefore meaning its so called 'matching numbers' value has gone out the door :(

It also came out of the factory as bronze wine, not green.

Now im totally tempted to paint it Wild Violet with a white interior. And throw in a big **** off SVO Crate motor. decisions decisions.

#4 ·
Good to hear you are having fun driving it!

If you wanted pics of the numbers, I could have got you some... If I had known you were coming down to look at it, I would have made the effort to pop over and say g'day. ah well; wild violet and white interior it is!

As for the shift, you can get a kit to fix that up. Or are you going for a 5 speed??

#6 ·
Doesnt matter EBXR, in all reality i can go nuts with it and throw a six if I want the value of matching numbers, but hey, well built GT replica's that started life as Falcon 500's still fetch good money. If i build the car, keep it for ages I wont care. And as it gets older, it'll only become more valuable, and if i ever did sell it I wouldnt blow a whole heap of cash (as oppsed to turbo charging the EL)

But yes, its good fun to drive :)

#7 ·
old_mate said:
Now im totally tempted to paint it Wild Violet with a white interior. And throw in a big **** off SVO Crate motor. decisions decisions.
It MUST be done!! Some big block 600ci with a massive **** off blower should do it :wnc:

#8 ·
hahaha Luke, its funny how we both have sigs that sunny bags yagz in lol

i been on the turps all night, celebrating the purchase of some ford pushrod goodness. Went to a club and talked it up so much, a holden chick gave me her number hahahaha

old_mate would love to mate with his new_mate. Blond hair blue eyes too. Nice.

#12 ·
old_mate said:
hahaha Luke, its funny how we both have sigs that sunny bags yagz in lol
Yeah, it's funny, cos you are BOTH losers now :)

Nice car to have mate, well done, and good luck :hy:

#14 ·
hopefully van gelder puts some pics up tonight :)

Went out and chopped my mate in his AU ute. Granted its only a six and auto, but he really really had nothing. However its started to ping its head off under load, so I put it away until next weekend (or until i could be bothered knocking the timing back a little)

#15 ·
Here's some pics of garth's XY.

Looks top dude, pity about the paint tho.

I suppose you could've attached them yourself, being a donating member and all. I think you get 50meg attachment storage.

Attachments

#18 ·
Nah, i dont get attachment storage (dont know if i donated enough...will PM laminge)

Yep, the paint is absolutely shot, you can see how bad the roof is, rest of the body isnt much better. But its really straight except for the passenger sill, bugger all rust and its all there.

Another 20 grand and it'll be sweet. First things to do however is to remove those hideous mudflaps, rear louvre and towbar, and get the rear dropped a bit (maybe, as i'm only pulling it apart in a few months anyway). Will see what happens after the christmas/new year period.

#20 ·
She's a beauty, mate! Definately get that beast blown and she'll be awesome. Can't wait to see the restoration completed! The final touch would be BLWN-XY plates :angel:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.