Ford Forums banner

crank trigger kits?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Racer 
#1 ·
anyone ever run a crank trigger ignition? if so did you make it up from parts or use a crank trigger kit, I'm after something to run with a digital 7 series MSD, but the MSD kit is very expensive. Any ideas?

#2 ·
LTD351V2 said:
anyone ever run a crank trigger ignition? if so did you make it up from parts or use a crank trigger kit, I'm after something to run with a digital 7 series MSD, but the MSD kit is very expensive. Any ideas?
If you can afford an engine that requires crank trigger, you can afford the crank trigger.

Whats it going on? Are you sure you will benefit from one?

#3 ·
Racer said:
If you can afford an engine that requires crank trigger, you can afford the crank trigger.

Whats it going on? Are you sure you will benefit from one?
Does the need for a crank trigger relate to the RPM the engine will see?

Its a single turbo 351 clevor, all top dollar parts, after about 800fly HP below 7000rpm.

#5 ·
LTD351V2 said:
Does the need for a crank trigger relate to the RPM the engine will see?

Its a single turbo 351 clevor, all top dollar parts, after about 800fly HP below 7000rpm.
Chevs with the rear distributor benefit most. Lots of spring pressure can twist the cam and alter the timing.

With a Ford i wouldnt bother, unless you have 100 grand in the motor and want the absolute best, and need that last 1,000th.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.