Ford Forums banner

crazy ports

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  gasxd 
#1 ·
what on earth has been done to these heads, i know it is high porting for better port angle but how do you do this and who does it!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
gasxd said:
what on earth has been done to these heads, i know it is high porting for better port angle but how do you do this and who does it!!!
Those 4v heads have been high ported on the exhaust side of the head whilst the intakes have been slabbed.How does one do it? with a mill usually.The top half of the exhaust port is milled off and replaced by an aluminium plate which in effect becomes the new part of the head.the whole idea is to reconfigure the port so the exit angle of exhaust gasses is not so abrupt as the factory setup.
The intakes have had some form of port filler or tongue inserted.Looks like they would make a killer set of heads.If i lived in NSW i certainly would like to have seen this gear in the flesh.I was tempted to bid on them but opted out as i have no way of verifying their condition.

#5 ·
Drool!!
I remember reading an artical years ago about the same thing being done to factory bigblock ford heads when thats all there was.

#6 ·
They look like parker peformance intake tongues (what I run in my 4V o/c's).
I have a set of 4V c/c's that have a high port exhuast block like in your picture. My exhuast ports are virtually square though. They are not much good for a street head cause where the head stud goes through the soft alum port block will squash, there just isn't enough meat around the head studs @110 pound torque + operating temp of exhuast port.
You need custom extractors to make the most out of 'em and even then it's gunna be touch and go if youve gotta fit 'em in between falcon shock towers.
You need longer head studs or bolts for the exhuast side as well.
Auto Power Parts in Brisy used to do 'em for 750 per head but doesn't do 'em anymore (no demand since all these new alum heads).
I'm pretty sure Superflow in sydney still do this mod. :hy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.