Ford Forums banner

Dyno Results For Jet711

5K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  tony xa 
#1 ·
Hey guys dynoed my car today at cv performance no tuning just power run, 379hp at the treads, more in it however lost fuel pressure at 6500rpm because of my mech. fuel pump, exhaust is twin 2.5 inch press bend, so its way to small and im still using the steel engine fan, conservatively i feel it has 415hp at the rear, i am also running 1.3.4 inch primary pacemakers so there is probably a bit left in that as well........I very happy, thats with the AFD 4vs.....

#29 ·
Jet711 said:
R u running a mallory brenx? r they quiet? in comparision to a holley blue?
Yup, I've got the mallory. I've ran it for about 3 1/2 years roughly. They are loads quieter than the Holley pump. After a few years they start to get noisey or it's just me noticing it more? It's gets noisier the hotter it gets. Mine has been used for street use, no return line. I thinking of plumbing up a return line to lessen the load on it which will quieten it down again.

#31 ·
brenx said:
Mine has been used for street use, no return line. I thinking of plumbing up a return line to lessen the load on it which will quieten it down again.
Mine has a return line and it pumps at full song due to the lack of back pressure........it sounds loud to me? Although I don't know how quiet a single line one is.

#34 ·
i had mine mounted under the car with a rubber under the mount, i thought somebody was trying to drill through the floor of my car it was that loud!!! Have you guys seen the new range off holley pumps? Black billet base 150 hp pumps???? apprantley they are really quiet.......

#35 ·
Jet711 said:
Wow, then its not bad a result then, it feels good on the street but my clutch is letting me down! Guys which is the best electric fuel pump as i need one? Barry Grant 220 or the Mallory 140 or the new holley billet base 150hp pump????
ive been researching fuel pumps at the moment and i think i am going to get a magnaflow prostar 500 series with return line, they seem to be the most reliable from what ive heard. people i have spoke to swear by them compared to holleys and bgs.also ive been told to look into a product engineering pump they come with a 24 moonth warranty.
also i have replaced a month old holleyblue on the side of the road on the way to the old eastern creek drags thats something i will never forget

#37 ·
azza said:
Reece the magnaflowl 275 is the one i am buying, about 600 from quantum. Look good to
AZZA
i thought these pumps were just another pump trying to get some marketshare. but i have heard only good things and reliability is unsurpassed. i have been told to get the 500 series with return line. it specifies for 2000hp which i will never have i will have approx600 fhp. but they say use the bigger pump with return line as it will maintain more consistent pressure especially when needed. and wear less as well if you have not purchased yours yet look into it as i have seen for about 675 inc filter inbuilt

#39 ·
Jet711 said:
Where can you buy the magnaflows from?
on the net just type in magnaflow.
but also heres a number of a new speed shop which has just opened in kirrawee in the suth/shire it is called racepace auto eng. the number is (02)9521-4389 they came to work the otherday with a catalogue on all there items. so there is some bargains to be had as they are breaking into the market give em a call. but check the online sites here in oz they are cheap also

#41 ·
You can get magnaflow from jegs in america for $520.00aus plus shipping which would not be more than 40.00aus and you will usualy see your stuff sooner than you would if you brought here and if longer not much more .
Aeromotive have some real good pumps they have one that has the regulator built into the side of the pump housing they also have inline pump that would be a lot easier to mount than the stand up ones .
The fuel regs for the aeromotive look nice to were the magnaflows are purple and blue but do look nice .
Jegs have all these on their website and would be worth a look to see and research all these brands .They have alot bigger product range than any company here .
If I was to do mine again I would use aeromotive inline pump with a inline filter for easier mounting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.