elec fan gilmer pully kit?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2005, 19:42   #1 (permalink)

elec fan gilmer pully kit??

I am looking at taking off the engine driven fan and replacing with a elec. fan and putting on a gilmer pully kit, but am woundering about the hole balancing issue. can I just do the changes without having the balance checked, or do I need this to be done? still new to all this, but i must say this is the best place for good advise I have found so far. Also what kind of results should I get form this change other then looks?
Cou78p is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2005, 22:43   #2 (permalink)

Re: elec fan gilmer pully kit??

There won't be any balancing issues. Just get it all on and running and you're away.
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 23:07   #3 (permalink)

Good electric fan in a Darwin summer and your car will love you.

You'll just be able to sit in heavy traffic for hours! How's the morning traffic on the freeways in Darwin?

You'll be surprised at how much noise the engine fan made after you remove it.

Depending on your budget, a set of twin AU Falcon fans including shroud is the best design. Just requires a slight bit of trimming to custom fit to other Falcons.

Here's the cheapest website in Oz for them. $200 + $30p/h. Part #: FEU6010NAU-676 They call them a "radiator fan assembly".

http://www.ozeparts.com.au/
Old 09-25-2005, 16:57   #4 (permalink)

I live 58km from work, morning 27 minutes, five sets of lights normaly get one red. I work in the centre of Darwin, so its not to bad going, only about 6km of 60kmph limit.
The rest is 100km and up here that is realy about 120km without hassels from the local cops. But it all starts just out of town 100km turns into "try your hardest to brake land speed records" But its hard to maintain 220km for longer the 2 hours, (BMW 318is) before you have to kick up a bit and hit my best off the clock (2 minutes) scary.
But hey when there is cold beer and Barra on the bite at the end of the trip on a Friday arvo you'll do anything to get there quick. Couldn't do this in the Ford, Diff R.3.89. But am looking to change this to 3. and get up around the 180+ mark.
Cou78p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 18:34   #5 (permalink)
82XE 351c

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu351
Good electric fan in a Darwin summer and your car will love you.

You'll just be able to sit in heavy traffic for hours! How's the morning traffic on the freeways in Darwin?

You'll be surprised at how much noise the engine fan made after you remove it.

Depending on your budget, a set of twin AU Falcon fans including shroud is the best design. Just requires a slight bit of trimming to custom fit to other Falcons.

Here's the cheapest website in Oz for them. $200 + $30p/h. Part #: FEU6010NAU-676 They call them a "radiator fan assembly".

http://www.ozeparts.com.au/

http://www.citypartsplus.com.au/ has them for $150 with 12 mnth warranty. I got a set from here and they are great. good service. $25 post. Part number I have at home on receipt if needed.
pracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 18:45   #6 (permalink)
351 XE on LPG

I wouldn't buy secondhand fans, because the bearings in the early models can be quite worn. Buy new and you wont have to worry. This is what my radiator guy told me, and he's worked on heaps of them.
Rhett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech