Ford Forums banner

End of Season

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  davis 
#1 ·
Started out pretty good this year in may. The car ran best at 10.34 ET @ 129 MPH, with new slicks. Then things started changing during pinks which was the end of May. Motor damaged from roller lifter. Needed crank turned and needed new rings and bearings. Also car needed a new cam shaft. About $2500 later car finally got back to the track. I Could only get the car to run in the 10.80's 10.70's in July & August. In Sept. started playing with the pinion angle. Things just got worst. Broke the drive shaft the first run. Replaced drive shaft, broke the ring and pinoin and trans next time. Fixed the rear ring and pinoin and the trans rebuild? Got back one pass the trans went out again. Fixed the trans? Made 6 passes total at MIR world finals weekend. Ran 10.70's on Saturday and got the car back to the 10.50's on Sunday. Third pass on Sunday won first round. Now the trans is acting up again. Re-groupin for next year. Hope everyone has a nice holiday! Thanks Jim

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f221/jim1320/dadscar001.jpg

#2 ·
jim1320 said:
Started out pretty good this year in may. The car ran best at 10.34 ET @ 129 MPH, with new slicks. Then things started changing during pinks which was the end of May. Motor damaged from roller lifter. Needed crank turned and needed new rings and bearings. Also car needed a new cam shaft. About $2500 later car finally got back to the track. I Could only get the car to run in the 10.80's 10.70's in July & August. In Sept. started playing with the pinion angle. Things just got worst. Broke the drive shaft the first run. Replaced drive shaft, broke the ring and pinoin and trans next time. Fixed the rear ring and pinoin and the trans rebuild? Got back one pass the trans went out again. Fixed the trans? Made 6 passes total at MIR world finals weekend. Ran 10.70's on Saturday and got the car back to the 10.50's on Sunday. Third pass on Sunday won first round. Now the trans is acting up again. Re-groupin for next year. Hope everyone has a nice holiday! Thanks Jim

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f221/jim1320/dadscar001.jpg
damn who is building your trans, c-4or c-6, KB racing automatics built mine and still kicks ass, he is out of Norwalk,Ohio hopefully your luck is better next year.

#4 ·
jim1320 said:
the trans went out again.
RobW has a full roller C4 with trans brake, deep sump pan and an Art Carr 5600-5800 stall converter for sale at a low price. Let him know what you can spend and maybe he will make a deal. I know that he's getting rid of everything Cleveland-oriented since we're now running IHRA Pro Stock and a C4 wouldn't last much past 1 burnout in that class!

He said that he'd toss in a reverse pattern shifter for free to anyone who buys the trans.

I expect that he'll be listing these parts on eBay soon. The C4 has a JW bellhousing.

:davis:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.