Engine Machining - Who's the best? - Brisbane - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2007, 19:10   #1 (permalink)

Engine Machining - Who's the best? - Brisbane

Who's the best when it comes to engine machine work in the Brisbane locality now? I need some work done and I want the best working on my block and crank.

I'm looking for a phone number for Phil Jack Performance, but can't seem to locate them anywhere, they used to be excellent, so did Bill Mann, he used to be really good value! Does anyone know if he's still in the engine machining business? If so phone contact details would be good please.

Any other recommendations would be awesome.

Thanks guys.

Troy
Ipswich.
XY GT Replica (Track Red), 351 4V, Forged Pistons, Rollers, Crower Solid Cam, MSD 6AL Ignition, MSD Distributor, Pacemaker 2" primary pipes, Twin Two and a Half inch exhaust, 31 Spline Top Loader, Daikin clutch, 31 Spline 3.5 Nodular 9", HO Brakes, Simmons B45s. No stereo, nothing but the sound of SWEET Cleveland music...ahhhh, the only woofer is the one that's in my yard. $$$
XYHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2007, 05:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: Engine Machining - Who's the best? - Brisbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYHO
Who's the best when it comes to engine machine work in the Brisbane locality now? I need some work done and I want the best working on my block and crank.

I'm looking for a phone number for Phil Jack Performance, but can't seem to locate them anywhere, they used to be excellent, so did Bill Mann, he used to be really good value! Does anyone know if he's still in the engine machining business? If so phone contact details would be good please.

Any other recommendations would be awesome.

Thanks guys.

Troy
Ipswich.
I use repco in Browns Plains for most of it , so far the have been excelent
There is a good shop near west side the station in the suburb betweem Richlands and Oxley ( sorry I cant think of it) or you might use haig , what are you wanting done ?
Liddles for head work at Shailer park
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 16:46   #3 (permalink)

PLR Performance in Brendale did good work for me
cheers
gus351
gus351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 21:18   #4 (permalink)

Looking to get the block hot tanked, line bored and the lifter bores looked at as I have had an issue with a cam losing a couple of lobes and 2 lifters scored the lifter bore, damaged the bores a little. So the bores will need to be sleeved. Want to make sure this doesn't happen again, or if it's something to do with the valley being a little out of alignment.

Just wanted someone good who know's their Clevelands and who has a good rep with the HP community. That's why I was after the number for Phil Jack, but have since found they trade as Jack Bros now. These guys are as good as you'll get anywhere in the world, these guys can machine an engine to exacting specs and have an Awesome reputation for thier know how and thier engines.
XY GT Replica (Track Red), 351 4V, Forged Pistons, Rollers, Crower Solid Cam, MSD 6AL Ignition, MSD Distributor, Pacemaker 2" primary pipes, Twin Two and a Half inch exhaust, 31 Spline Top Loader, Daikin clutch, 31 Spline 3.5 Nodular 9", HO Brakes, Simmons B45s. No stereo, nothing but the sound of SWEET Cleveland music...ahhhh, the only woofer is the one that's in my yard. $$$
XYHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 14:53   #5 (permalink)

talk to steve at redcliffe dyno he's a cleveland guru and builds lots of clevo's that run good numbers..
protd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 20:50   #6 (permalink)
Proudly Average

Bryant Engineering have built some pretty tough clevo's... They're down at Slack's Creek.
.020 over 351 Clevo, 10:1 comp, ported 302 heads, blueprinted and balanced, custom ground cam, Edelbrock intake, 600 Holley, K&N air filter, Custom Zip-Ties(tm), MSD ignition, Genie extractors, 2 x 2.5" exhaust, 2800rpm stally, rooted C4
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 23:15   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYHO
Looking to get the block hot tanked, line bored and the lifter bores looked at as I have had an issue with a cam losing a couple of lobes and 2 lifters scored the lifter bore, damaged the bores a little. So the bores will need to be sleeved. Want to make sure this doesn't happen again, or if it's something to do with the valley being a little out of alignment.

Just wanted someone good who know's their Clevelands and who has a good rep with the HP community. That's why I was after the number for Phil Jack, but have since found they trade as Jack Bros now. These guys are as good as you'll get anywhere in the world, these guys can machine an engine to exacting specs and have an Awesome reputation for thier know how and thier engines.
before you start sleeving why not just get another clevo block..?
Old 01-10-2007, 16:08   #8 (permalink)
Proudly Average

Good call... I've got an 030 clevo block under the house you can have for $50...
.020 over 351 Clevo, 10:1 comp, ported 302 heads, blueprinted and balanced, custom ground cam, Edelbrock intake, 600 Holley, K&N air filter, Custom Zip-Ties(tm), MSD ignition, Genie extractors, 2 x 2.5" exhaust, 2800rpm stally, rooted C4
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 22:13   #9 (permalink)
strange cattle them women

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Good call... I've got an 030 clevo block under the house you can have for $50...
Is that the one you promised me nick?
I have found either John White Racing Engines, or Engine Engineering to be both brilliant, and top quality work.
I would not use anyone else in Brisbane now, seeing Woody has left Bryants, who are actually at archerfield, not slack creek
1998 Fairlane Concorde
2006 F250 Crew Cab
"Allright you sons of bitches......lets race" Smokey Yunick.
347stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 23:41   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347stroker
Is that the one you promised me nick?
I have found either John White Racing Engines, or Engine Engineering to be both brilliant, and top quality work.
I would not use anyone else in Brisbane now, seeing Woody has left Bryants, who are actually at archerfield, not slack creek
Machining aint rocket science , find somewhere close and inspect their work..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech