Engine Masters - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2006, 02:15   #1 (permalink)

Engine Masters

Just thinking the other night ,australia should look at doing something like the engine masters that they do in the states...

seems as though,a competition like that really stirs things up between the camps,and also can promote engine parts,and of course the capability of the SBF...
some promoter should take this up...anyone with any ideas?
soverign is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2006, 03:04   #2 (permalink)
sideways in a six

Re: Engine Masters

www.nvbackflow.com/engines - make one of these and i'll call you a master :D

seriously though, how cool would a model V8 comp be :D
Old 03-31-2006, 16:14   #3 (permalink)

I guess you could ask one of the ragazines to get involved.Perhaps Street Machine or even Perth Street Car.Or even hit the oppositions forums and challenge them to the Oz Engine Masters. I like the concept but figure rather than adopt the same principles as the U.S version make ours uniquely Oz. We could set a cu in limit on 360 cubes which would encompass a chev, mopar,holden and ford v8 in various guises.No outrageous compression ratio,s either.11 to 1 max. No roller cams .Solids ok with adjustable valvetrain and roller rockers should be ok as these don,t add significantly to hp.Factory blocks only and to keep costs to a minimum the use of a factory designated IRON head . IE 4v or 2v to the cleveland brethren,perhaps a set of fuellies for the chev brigade and vn style heads for the holden boys etc etc. I also think a key point is to keep it simple and in doing so keeping it relativley cheap as well.We want an engine that can be duplicated for under 5k.
I,m keen if anyone else is. I can contribute some parts as well. I have a block that will need one sleeve, a crank,rods,forged pistons and a good used rollmaster timing set. Basically,i have enough to put together a short motor.Like i said it won,t be anything fancy,just good factory bits.Greg,since you have a bench it would make sense that you prep the heads,right?
Do we have any other takers?
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 17:15   #4 (permalink)

now your talkin! keep a price limit on it...
how about running with some rules like the old a/street rules...these motors were crankin out 600-650 hp,but not sure of the fuel that they were allowed,but you could keep it to a certain octane...this sought of a comp really would show the potential of some of these factory parts...
as well as the capability of the cylinder heads,and certain size carbys...
i'm sure someone out there would donate their engine dyno and their time for a competition,would give them exposure as well...who knows trevor pickett from perth street car mag...
soverign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 04:48   #5 (permalink)

Forget half that stuff...

The decider has to be what most aussies want to do....tow large loads, remain streetable, with reasonable economy, with the zip when needed.

I reckon they'd have to start with the Jaycar fully programmable Ignition Kit...only ignition system i have ever seen to make LPG PING!
Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech