F100 Streeter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 07:59   #1 (permalink)
F100 351

F100 Streeter

Gentlemen and/or Ladies, Help if you can shed some light on my lovely 351c?

It has been a long long time between drinks & to your suprise I'm still around & I still have my baby girl F100 with the trusty cleveland nested in there. over the past 6 yrs I have racked up 30,000 kms.

Now, back in 2006 I did a rebuild:
-351 4MA crank
-6" rod job
-ARP rod bolts
-Hi vol oil pump
-ACL pistons
-open 2v irons with 4v valves
-Stock valve springs
-dual plane intake
-600vs Holley
-tri y headers
-single 2.5" system
-Cam ??? f*** knows. I was never told the exact specs when I picked her up after rebuild the builder couldnt find the specs nor could he remember what he put in it. but he insisted it was a Crow towing cam where many tow truckers use.
-Rebuilt C4 with valve body mod for cleaner shifts
-Rebuilt 9" diff with 3.5 gears

Question is what is the dammed Cam that he put in? I know nobody can answer that.

BUT the one that has been sitting in my head over the 6 years, was having the the open 2v heads opened up to 4v valves was a good thing or not?? is it or isnt it?

Driving it pulls nice off idle, finds a flat spot mid revs in second then the power builds strong in high rpm. I have been 90% happy with the combo, and now thinking about making this motor run a little happier with the smallest/easiest mods as possible.

What are your thoughts guys is their potential for a good daily streeter

Cheers
Kris
F100kls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech