fitting 351C to xf ute - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2005, 01:37   #1 (permalink)

Question fitting 351C to xf ute

Just after some answers to rumers, 1: That you have to move the heater pipes. 2: That you can't fit a V8 trans in the tunnel of an XF. 3: That with mine being a 1990 in Qld I can't get it certified unless it's injected or on LPG. If any of these are true has anyone got any ideas on how to get around these problems?
kalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2005, 02:17   #2 (permalink)
under thumb

Re: fitting 351C to xf ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalo
Just after some answers to rumers, 1: That you have to move the heater pipes. 2: That you can't fit a V8 trans in the tunnel of an XF. 3: That with mine being a 1990 in Qld I can't get it certified unless it's injected or on LPG. If any of these are true has anyone got any ideas on how to get around these problems?
Rumour #1 Yes you do the cleve rocker cover will knock them flat just go and compare it to an xd-e.

Rumour #2 Unless they changed from 88on you wont have a problem with the trans.

Rumour #3 Sorry dude but unless its a dedicated LPG or a late injected windsor you have no chance with a clevo even if it is injected it still wont make a lick of diff to the white coates unless they dont know just dont get cought by the epa
Old 08-17-2005, 02:21   #3 (permalink)
5.8 litre

Heater pipes where they come out through the firewall, come out right where the back of the lefthand engine head is on an XF. You can fit an XD/E heater unit and drill out the new heater hose holes in the firewall. XD/E heater hose outlet sits up higher to clear the head. Just put a plate over the old outlet hole.
I think all you nead is the right gearbox cross member and engine mounts for a V8, and it will fit in the tranny tunnel.
xd351ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 21:51   #4 (permalink)

I have just completed the same comversion that you are asking about, Your first concern the heater hoses- the people that I talked to before i did mine said the same as other members have here but I have found that in my case that i have left the hoses in the same place but just put a small reacess into the rocker cover and slightly angeled the copper pipe away. Only took 10 mins and cost nothing. second, Mine is a 88 model and I put a c10 auto in, clearence was fine but I did have to make my own auto crossmember. The LPG thing I have no idea as I am in Vic. Hope this helps
Keita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 22:13   #5 (permalink)
XW GT

Well In Perth I Have Heard The Lpg Crap Matters. They Just Wont Let You Do It. Or Youll Have A Hell Of A Trouble.
Does Anyone Know Why This Is So
'77 XC FALCON 500.
'92 EB FAIRMONT
'91 EB FALCON
'76 XB CONTINENTIAL
YES I LIKE MY FORDS TO
DANGERXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:42   #6 (permalink)

Once you start to modify a vehicle you must comply with all current laws in regards to pollution emissions, blah, blah, blah. So no matter what year the vehicle you modify, any works must comply to this years laws not the year of manufacture.. PS LPG gets around most requirements as it is a cleaner fuel, and has no real emission control.
XD_351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 16:35   #7 (permalink)
Death by Ford

If you are going to drive the ute regularly i would fit LPG anyhow. The price of petrol is criminal at the moment . I think the Aussies & Yanks should team up again and invade a country with lots of oil that we can liberate. Saudi Arabia anyone? I also heard some rumours they are starting to build WMD .
CLEVELAND JUNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech