Ford Parts ( should i start a shop ) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2005, 21:48   #1 (permalink)

Ford Parts ( should i start a shop )

Need some help from you lot as to weather you think the Mornington Peninsular in Victoria needs a wreckers just for XK through to current model falcons that will stock all the parts and panels that we need to build our cars, including Cleveland and Windsor parts and advice maybe later on a machine shop to, I've got plenty of parts and heaps of knowledge about these motors and how to get good power out of them, I am a auto machinest by trade.
I would like to hear any comments you all might have

Thanx
coupe414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2005, 22:19   #2 (permalink)

Re: Ford Parts ( should i start a shop )

Yes would be good to see anonther ford shop. We need plenty of tuff fords out there. And you say u have plenty of knowledge. Have u got a good motor at the moment. I am in the process of building up a good street and strip clevo 393 cubes with afd alloy 4v heads. Just need a good cam for it. But hey i reckon go for it. If your cheap enough i woud buy parts off you. Cheers
crochunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 02:01   #3 (permalink)

Thanx crochunter, i really think i will open a shop it will be located around Frankston/Cranbourne area, as for strokers i have a heap of combos and can machine them all, i'll have the profile of mine up here soon but in short it is a 414 hybrid boss in a XB coupe puts out about 570 hp and touque is up around 620-630.
will get some cam specs on here for you soon but you need to tell me what your using it for and the rev range you want to work in.
Catch you later.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:14   #4 (permalink)

I want rev ranget to be no more than 7000. I will be using it mainly for drags and the occasional weekend cruise. i would like 600 hp if that is possible.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:15   #5 (permalink)

Would like to run anything under 10.5 at the drags.
Old 02-21-2005, 22:35   #6 (permalink)

A wreckers around the south east here in melb would be a good idea, at the moment there is probably only 2 or 3 wreckers around here that have a good supply of xr-xy parts let alone xk-xp.... as far as xw-xy parts go i probably also have enough to start a business.... as far as location goes... cranbourne would probably be a better location than frankston as its more central to country areas also.... as far as i know theres only 1 early falcon wrecker along the princess hiway between Dandenong and trafalgar..not counting wreckers in dandenong. (Trafford in trafalgar) and out towards frankston way, there is harveys in baxter which do very little if any early ford stuff nowadays. And a couple of smaller wreckers that havent been much use when i was chasing parts... Apart from that there is very little availability (locally)...
mantaw2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 23:29   #7 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

A mate and I are looking at wrecking out XA/B's solely so we can fund some more things for ourselves. We're also looking at funding some other projects If all goes well I'll either wreck out my XB or sell it with a mild engine. I'm looking at building/buying a hotrod and powering it with my driveline

Brenden
Old 02-21-2005, 23:46   #8 (permalink)

yOU WOULDNT THINK YOU WOULD GET MUCH CALL ON XA/AB. tHEY ARENT ALL THAT POPULAR. yOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF WRECKING XR/XT/XW/XY.
Old 02-21-2005, 23:56   #9 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

There's plenty of demand for XA/B. Especially if you wreck the right car. I've wrecked one XB (my prior beige one and a few bits I didn't need from the now green one). Purchase price $2300 what have I put back into my pocket $ wise. I'm not far off $4000. I've done mates rates on a few of the parts too. Most of it sold quickly and I kept ahold of a few things. I thought I may have had a use for them. In the end I didn't so they're being sold off.

Finding a car with performance parts on it is where the $ are. I've purposely kept the engine for myself.

Brenden
Old 02-23-2005, 14:43   #10 (permalink)

I have pick up to bargines ( some poeple just dont know what they have )
First car, XD sedan 351 clevo, toploader, Disk brake 9" , Groved front disks,
mallory recall taco, hope your sitting down, 200 bucks, and he said he didnt think smoking dope was that bad, go figure.
Second car,XC 302 clevo, 2 month old auto , 9" that he said made a noise going around corners, ( was just a bearing but i didnt tell him that ) so it came with another 9" , 4 spare doors, a boot lid, and a bonnet, GS dash and cluster, globe mags with 80% tyres on them, 1000 bucks.

All you gotta do is look around .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech