Ford Forums banner

fuel problems

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  rally 
#1 ·
what can i do to stop or reduce my fuel boiling in the carby???
this is a huge problem for me in the car and i dont want to put a scoop on the car but i was thinking that a cold air intake which surrounds the carb and the air filter with two tubes leading to the front of the car coming from the left and right will suck cool air into the carb and in return cool it and give me more power????

#4 ·
Depending on the type of carby, you can run a fuel return line from the fuel bowl back to the tank - this ensures the bowl always has cool fuel entering - the fuel doesn't have time to heat up. It is common on race engines and the parts you need are readily available through speed shops.

#5 ·
fuel prob

already used a 1/2 inch insulator plate and it made a difference but it only took longer for the motor to play up, i was however told that there is some sort of a plate that is used on earlier model holdens that basically works like a insulator plate but also sticks out further to protect heat from going directly off the engine and onto the bowls. how do i change the bowls on the carby around so i dont have the fuel lines running over the engine along the fire wall and if u could explain in detail cuz i aint too good with cars?

#6 ·
HOT FUEL

What type of manifold are you running?
I changed the iron manifold on an XA GT for an alloy one
and started having vapor lock problems.
When I swapped manifolds I didn't replace the factory
tin oil splash shield underneath it . [keeps hot oil off the
bottom of the manifold]
When I put it back in the vapor lock problem stopped.
Hope this helps..

#9 ·
There is a gasket available that is kind of thick stiff cardboard stuff[great description] that extends out under the bowls..If your fuel line or regulator if you have one runs along the firewall you really need to move it out to the front of the engine bay to help keep it a bit cooler..You can also use some foam refrigeration tube available from hardware shops,to run the fuel lines in...

#11 ·
Re: fuel prob

boss351c said:
im running a weiand xcellerator manifold
I run one of these on my 351C (LP gas only) motor. There is a port that permits the exhaust gasses to pass through the manifold beneath the carby to help heat things up at startup. Unfortunately it heats things up all the time and may be contributing to your problem. I have welded it up (the ports on the heads, rather than the manifolds as they are easier to weld) as it makes mo difference at startup on an LP Gas engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.