fuel pump location - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2004, 21:57   #1 (permalink)

fuel pump location

Ok guys,where is the best place to mount my holley blue pump? Is it legal to house it in the boot as i have done before or is it better located under the vehicle.?Any tips .Oh and by the way it will be going into an xr fairmont. No tank as yet,will possibly look at having a drop tank or some sort of fuel cell.
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2004, 22:22   #2 (permalink)

Re: fuel pump location

close to the tank,out side of boot, place a good filter b4 it tho and put a regulator near carb
Old 11-11-2004, 22:33   #3 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

And mount it to a big rubber plate or it will be very noisy.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 22:42   #4 (permalink)

Check out the several pics that TruBlu has posted recently of his, would have to be one of the neatest set-ups I have seen..
Old 11-11-2004, 23:00   #5 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Can't be in the boot as that ain't legal. The pumps are gravity feed too. So above the pickup won't work well when the systems under strain.

I am going to try and do a stock tank setup somehow. For now I have to put up with a fuel cell setup. Always put a filter before the pump.

An example of this is my fuel cell setup:

Brenden
Old 11-12-2004, 01:18   #6 (permalink)

I have to make sure it is in a legit location as the vehicle will need relicensing once completed.Ok so inside the boot is out of the question .do you think there would be enough room right under the rear leaf spring or too tight.If not perhaps a cutout in the corner of the tank to allow fitment.There is not a lot of options underneath the car.It has to look neat as the car will be showed as well but must be able to handle the pace if required.I realise the holley blue ain,t the best and it would not be my first option but as this car has already cost me a small fortune and besides i had the pump already so i will use it initially to at least get me mobile and if need i,ll replace it with a better setup at a later stage.Anyone got an idea of what a custom tank is worth? I suppose if it was too exxy then i could even have a go at building it myself.I have a 250 amp mig so it might not be out of the question. I am yet to have a go at welding ali though.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:21   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellboy999
And mount it to a big rubber plate or it will be very noisy.
Holleys can either be noisy or quiet but i know for a fact that this is one of those noisy buggers.Sounds like someone ,s playing a digiredoo in the boot .
Old 11-12-2004, 01:35   #8 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

You should be able to hand it off the passenger side rail. There should be enough room there. When I used to run a holley blue thats where I had it.

The mallory was infront of the fuel tank before the diff before I fitted the cell. I think when I sort or am able to use the stock tank I'll probably run it infront of the tank again? I will try off the rail again as well.

Brenden
Old 11-12-2004, 04:45   #9 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

I just got my custom tank built and it was $1300 holds around 140 litres 2 x 1/2 inch pick ups 1 x 1/2 inch fuel return 1 x drain plug 3 x baffels in the tank and both pick ups are at the front of the tank and go all the way to the back of the tank .It looks the same as the original tank just with no wheel well .I have photos if you are interested I can post them .
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 06:50   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russxr67
Holleys can either be noisy or quiet but i know for a fact that this is one of those noisy buggers.Sounds like someone ,s playing a digiredoo in the boot .
I'm glad mine isn't the only one! The first thing that everyone says when I start my car is "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT NOISE!!"

Brenx, how loud is yours mounted like that? I'm thinking that a return line causes the pump to always be at full song?

Here's mine again for a few extra ideas. Damn dirty roads.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech