Fuel sender - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2006, 17:14   #1 (permalink)

Fuel sender

Was having fuel problems with the XD and dismantled the fuel system, fuel pump not pumping any fuel, found a bit of metal stuck in the fuel pump, dismantled and pump is now working properly. Just wondering though when i took the fuel sender out i noticed that it the pickups sit about 100mm off the bottom of the tank. Is this normal??? depth of tank is about 290mm and pickup is 190mm, standard pickup, just seems odd, not too sure.
378ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2006, 22:59   #2 (permalink)

Re: Fuel sender

Yeah, mine sits well above the floor of the tank. When i installed 1/2 line in my pickup, i measured the distance before hand, and remember thinking it was a bit odd, but i spose it stops the pickup sucking the dregs off the bottom???
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 04:27   #3 (permalink)

100mm seems a bit excessive, I would reckon 1/2" to 1" (12mm to 25mm) would be more than enough.
tufLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:34   #4 (permalink)

Well i went to the wreckers today, and finally found an XD there, removed the sender from the tank and it was completely different from mine, fits properly and overall length is about 270mm so it sits 20mm of bottom of tank. Just have to modify the pickup to 1/2inch and use it. So i don't know whether the original sender was the wrong one or different makes had different ones but oh well, hopefully solved the problem
378ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech