FunnelWeb - 3V CHI's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2005, 19:33   #1 (permalink)
XFFAIRMONT

FunnelWeb - 3V CHI's

Can a 2V funnelweb intake be bolted onto a CHI alloy head? I would like to eventualy buy some CHI's to replace the cast's but would rather keep the funnel web intake if possible. The fella's out there with the CHI's, did u bolt them straight onto the motor or did you have any more work done to them. Also what manifolds are you running with them? Also it will be on a 366clevo, solid cam with dur@.050" IN:252 EX:259 with 624 lift. Funnelweb intake, at the moment 2V heads flowed at 480hp, crane roller rockers, 750dp holley, all the usual things like oil restrictor kit with high volume-low pressure pump ect.
Also what kind of power do you think this combo would be making at the moment? With this combo which CHI alloy's do you think would suit best.

Any feedback or help would be much appreciated.
Regards
John
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2005, 20:38   #2 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Re: FunnelWeb - 3V CHI's

Parker do sell a funnel web to suit the CHI's from memory. Have you contacted Parker about it? As they'd be the best people to ask.

My CHI's were just thrown on when I 1st got them. They've been milled a tad now to raise the compression. Your combo should do more than mine with the larger camshaft. I plan to see how well the CHI manifold works shortly. I am dropping my car off to my dyno tuners workshop for some custom work in 9 days. Hopefully what needs doing doesn't take long. I'm expecting a 300rwkw run pipes on (2 1/2" twin system with triple flow mufflers). Then I'll run it up again with no exhaust to see how much the system is really killing it.

Which CHI's? I personally like the 218's but also due to them not being restictive when it comes to a stroker combo down the track.

Is there any reason you wouldn't use the matched CHI manifold? Or are you going to use the Funnel web (low) manifold? Here's what the 3V manifold looks like on my engine.

Brenden

Old 02-20-2005, 21:13   #3 (permalink)
XFFAIRMONT

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
Parker do sell a funnel web to suit the CHI's from memory. Have you contacted Parker about it? As they'd be the best people to ask.

My CHI's were just thrown on when I 1st got them. They've been milled a tad now to raise the compression. Your combo should do more than mine with the larger camshaft. I plan to see how well the CHI manifold works shortly. I am dropping my car off to my dyno tuners workshop for some custom work in 9 days. Hopefully what needs doing doesn't take long. I'm expecting a 300rwkw run pipes on (2 1/2" twin system with triple flow mufflers). Then I'll run it up again with no exhaust to see how much the system is really killing it.

Which CHI's? I personally like the 218's but also due to them not being restictive when it comes to a stroker combo down the track.

Is there any reason you wouldn't use the matched CHI manifold? Or are you going to use the Funnel web (low) manifold? Here's what the 3V manifold looks like on my engine.

Brenden

What carby and what compression are you running Brenden? Also what fuel setup? Here are some picks of the setup at the moment, needs a lot of tidying up and i will be getting rid of the aircon, looks ratty. I think the 3V manifold would be a good choice to go with. Does anyone know if they are taller than the 2V funnelweb, or if you can fit it under a shaker setup like i've got attached.http://www.fordforums.com/attachment...id=30353&stc=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xyshaker.jpg (29.8 KB, 69 views)
Old 02-20-2005, 21:20   #4 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Close enough to 11.5:1 now. I just run a 1/2" fuel system to the reg and two 3/8th lines to the carb bowls. Carbs a 750dp.

Someone on these forums got it under in an XY with the CHI heads and manifold. From memory it was gammaboy. XY's have more bonnet clearance than an XB. Mine fits under without the aircleaner by 1".

Can you measure how tall the funnelweb is? Measure from the back of the manifold (near the oil sender block surface) to the carb flange? My CHi manifolds untouched. CHI can mill them down without issues.

Brenden
Old 02-21-2005, 12:24   #5 (permalink)
Cleveland Addict

The Funnelweb should measure 6.75" from the front or rear end seal area to the carb flange. Isn't the CHI manifold about 7.25" or is it 7.50"?
1982 F100 2wd-408c CHI 3V 225cc Heads, 3v Intake, Pro Systems 1000+HP carb, 260/266@0.050 w/ 0.694/0.697" lift solid roller, JPT Rollerized c6 and 5000 rpm converter, 4.86 gears and S&W Ladder Bar kit with QA1's all the way around.
7.976@89.90 mph 1/8 mile with lots of bounce - with old engine and suspension(should be greatly improved)
1982 F100 408c 3v
F100cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 13:22   #6 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

I haven't measured exactly but it is around 7" and can be milled down to 6 1/4".

Brenden
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech