Harmonic Balancers?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2003, 05:48   #1 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

Harmonic Balancers??

Just a question, but why is that when my dad went to repco to get me a new harmonic balancer he got me the wrong one?

In my rush to get my car back on the road again I threw the new one dad bought from Repco on my car without checking it against the old one. When I went to put the alternator/water pump belt back on, surprise surprise, there was a groove for a V belt there instead of the ribbed one. By this time I was really frustrated with the car as I had been having trouble with things, mostly my own fault tho but still it was frustrating. It was also late in the afternoon and Repco was closed so I couldn't exchange it at the store I bought it from, so I rushed out to the Repco warehouse and got the correct one, spending yet more money. I ripped the other one off and and put the new one on and it was all sweet.

Now I have never seen an EA before with two V belts so im just wondering if Repco are stocking 2 parts and one is incorrect or there were a few that came out with 2 V belts? As I said in all the EA's I've come across they've never had 2 V belts
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2003, 06:42   #2 (permalink)

im pretty sure the earlier EA's had two V belts.
when you order a set of belts for your EA you usually have to tell them what year so they get the right belt for water pump and alternator

dont know why they changed?
brjamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech