Have you got Nos on your 351C ??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2005, 21:34   #1 (permalink)

Have you got Nos on your 351C ???

Just woundering what this nos thing is all about. And wanted to talk to someone that has it on there 351C about the effects and cost of putting it on. Just want to learn more about it before I talk to someone that just wants me to spend money putting one in. Then never use it.
Cou78p is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2005, 22:53   #2 (permalink)

Re: Have you got Nos on your 351C ???

What would you like to know?
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 23:08   #3 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

I will be putting nitrous on my 393 next winter so I will be interested in some comments to .
I am looking at the sportsman fogger kit .
Maybe some comments from people that run base plate and fogger systems and what brand kits you run .
Pros and cons on the system you use what you would do different if you did it again.
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 23:41   #4 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.

I have direct port n2o tapped into the mainifold, i am waiting until i find a transmission that can take my n/a power before i use it.

Old 08-26-2005, 00:11   #5 (permalink)

In short everything, but am looking at the Nos snipper kit. This is what I am thinking,
I have: 351C, top loader, 9" diff (ratio 3.89) change this ratio to 3:1 see how things go..look at the Termec TKO 5 speed box, if not happy with top loader. Plus Nos kit.
Aim: go really fast on open high way, then go even faster. Piss the cops right off. Then come home and have a couple of cold ones.
Cou78p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:57   #6 (permalink)

I'm in the process of putting NOS on my LTD 383 stroker. It will be a while before the engine is built so I'm going to hook it up to my stock 351 to try it out.
I'm using a Nitrous Express Hitman kit, baseplate type & adjustable from 75hp to 200hp.
I mounted up the bottle in the spare wheel well & today ran through the line to the solenoid. I'm fitting a 1-gall fuel cell in the engine bay to feed the nitrous fuel solenoid, trying to avoid acceleration fuel starvation & leaning off on NOS.
Hope to have it all fitted up this weekend. I'll post some pics when I do.
tufLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:25   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufLTD
I'm in the process of putting NOS on my LTD 383 stroker. It will be a while before the engine is built so I'm going to hook it up to my stock 351 to try it out.
I'm using a Nitrous Express Hitman kit, baseplate type & adjustable from 75hp to 200hp.
I mounted up the bottle in the spare wheel well & today ran through the line to the solenoid. I'm fitting a 1-gall fuel cell in the engine bay to feed the nitrous fuel solenoid, trying to avoid acceleration fuel starvation & leaning off on NOS.
Hope to have it all fitted up this weekend. I'll post some pics when I do.
i brought a direct port pro shot fogger nos the bloke i got it from said to use a seperate electronic feul pump to guard against the engine leaning out i have not used it yet but cant wait
krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:31   #8 (permalink)
BLOWNXD

Im looking at chuckin on NOS as well whats the best kit to use?? what $$ u lookin at. at most i want to add a 100hp shot
XD408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:47   #9 (permalink)

Cheater system or a big shot is the way to go. If motor is built right 150 hp should not be a problem. Always run seperate fuel lines and pumps though. And fuel pressure guages.
crochunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:06   #10 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

I am going to use fogger system as it will help keep hieght down .
As for price most kits start from $800.00 base plate systems .
I usualy use vpw mailorder to get a bearing off cost on most stuff I wish to buy .
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech