HELP!!!T5 to 302 clevo - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2006, 01:53   #1 (permalink)
registered tyre burner

HELP!!!T5 to 302 clevo

Hey, i need some help with how to go about fitting a T5 behind my 302. i have read a few other threads so i have a basic idea.

firstly, i have acess to 2 different boxes, one out of a XF, and one out of a EA/EB (both are 6's), but im thinking that the actual boxes dont have any differences, only bellhousings cos the stud pattern from the box to the housing would all be the same is this correct?

If it is, then my only problem would be the bell housing.

I have read that gettin a T5 from a eb-ed V8 will fit straight on, but i dont think i can get my hands on one of those in Alice Springs. (unless i try and source a bell housing itself)

what sort of clutch should i use? the T5 or the 302?

I have also read about castlemaine rod shop sell bellhousings, this has been said in every thread on this subject i have read, so i dont need to know this again, that isnt much use to me as im not in NSW.

NOw, another thing im thinkin.
Do the T5 and single rail gear boxes have the same stud pattern? if so, would i be able to get a single rail to clevo bellhousing, an use that?

Also is the tranny mount different too, is the t5 longer than a C4 (what i currently have now) or are they the same length and im totally wrong on this one?
XDermn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2006, 03:11   #2 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Re: HELP!!!T5 to 302 clevo

go to fordforums.com.au and PM pilch he has one behind his 302.
Old 05-03-2006, 19:15   #3 (permalink)

u'll find the 6cyl t5s arent the same as the v8 ones. i believe they hav different ratio and the V8 t5 has more rolers on the bearings to spread more load and torque. i'm sure the 6cyl one will work just fine just lettin you know though. if ur looking for a coversion kit or just parts of it you shouldnt overlook CRS Castlemaine Rod Shop their service to me has been faultless up until now.
they can freight or may be a gud contact for advice and they're actually in victoria
ziggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:18   #4 (permalink)

G'day,
have actually investigated this. Had the oppurtunity to inspect an XF T5, and EB 6 and an EB8 side by side.

If you seriously want to use the I6 box, then a kit from castlemain rod shop is the way to go! The input shaft on the 8 cylinder box is longer, and the front bearing is stronger....that is before you consider ratio's. It is NOT a simple matter of changing the input shaft, as getting one to match the ratio's is nigh impossible.

the BEST option is definatley the V8 box. For this you will also need the bell housing AND starter....its on the left on the EB's. Other than that its a pretty straight forward bolt up.

cheers
Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech