High Hp Clevo - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2005, 02:53   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
debacle-racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: FORBES
Posts: 80
High Hp Clevo

just in the process of getting bits and pieces together to build another clevo.
i want to run 14.5:1 comp on metho.
has anybody here got any great suggestions on what bottom end and heads to run.
this is for dragracing only.

thought about running 393 cubes and afd cnc 4v heads with a tfc manofold and a metho carb.

any imput would be appreciated.
__________________
HOLD IT FLAT!!!
debacle-racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-22-2005, 04:28   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
debacle-racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: FORBES
Posts: 80
Re: High Hp Clevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by debacle-racing
just in the process of getting bits and pieces together to build another clevo.
i want to run 14.5:1 comp on metho.
has anybody here got any great suggestions on what bottom end and heads to run.
this is for dragracing only.

thought about running 393 cubes and afd cnc 4v heads with a tfc manofold and a metho carb.

any imput would be appreciated.
bump!!!!
__________________
HOLD IT FLAT!!!
debacle-racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 21:36   #3 (permalink)
Hanging Around
 
9psi EB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Perth
Age: 35
Posts: 1,209
Re: High Hp Clevo

Davis would be your best bet i'd think - chase him up.
__________________
Event's Photo Gallery: gallery.mechanicalforums.com
9psi EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 02:13   #4 (permalink)
BLOWNXD
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth
Age: 35
Posts: 429
Re: High Hp Clevo

this is basically the same setup to which ill be running in a few weeks except mines a 408 windsor with the 3v CHI 218s and im only going to go to 13.1 compression now (been advised to) instead of the original 12.5.1 we were considering, ill be running strictly methanol as well, seems like the only decent choice now that in the next few month avgas will be completely banned and theres no way id pay more than $1.50 a litre like with the c16 stuff which gets upto $4 per litre. The cam thats been chosen for my setup was chosen by John from CHI maybe have a chat to Dave from AFD im sure he'd be informed enuff to help you with your decision. My cams going to be around the 720 ish lift with 270+ duration @ 50 with a similar cube engine youd want a pretty decent size cam as well to optimise Horsepower and torque.
XD408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 18:21   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
debacle-racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: FORBES
Posts: 80
Re: High Hp Clevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9psi EB
Davis would be your best bet i'd think - chase him up.
what do you reckon then davis?
__________________
HOLD IT FLAT!!!
debacle-racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 20:25   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
grey_esp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: W.A.
Posts: 337
Re: High Hp Clevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD408
this is basically the same setup to which ill be running in a few weeks except mines a 408 windsor with the 3v CHI 218s and im only going to go to 13.1 compression now (been advised to) instead of the original 12.5.1 we were considering, ill be running strictly methanol as well, seems like the only decent choice now that in the next few month avgas will be completely banned and theres no way id pay more than $1.50 a litre like with the c16 stuff which gets upto $4 per litre. The cam thats been chosen for my setup was chosen by John from CHI maybe have a chat to Dave from AFD im sure he'd be informed enuff to help you with your decision. My cams going to be around the 720 ish lift with 270+ duration @ 50 with a similar cube engine youd want a pretty decent size cam as well to optimise Horsepower and torque.
What will avgas be completely banned from? Drag racing? Streets?
__________________
Pics are post on www.fordespghia.com
grey_esp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 23:12   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
crochunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 828
Re: High Hp Clevo

They say its going to be banned. What are the planes going to use then. While plains keep using it i can get it.
crochunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 05:25   #8 (permalink)
BLOWNXD
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth
Age: 35
Posts: 429
Re: High Hp Clevo

planes can continue to use for obvious reasons but it wont be sold to Andra license holders anymore.
XD408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 06:29   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
crochunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 828
Re: High Hp Clevo

Yeah it who you know. I can still get it.
crochunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:28   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
longroof351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 13
Re: High Hp Clevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by crochunter
Yeah it who you know. I can still get it.

Beware of EPA as the fine for using it is quite large.

JOHN
longroof351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
99 stang idles too high help?? 99stang General Tech 1 05-30-2004 00:28
Idle revs drop on high beam rev General Tech 4 05-21-2004 04:09
High Volume or Standard Volume ESP Cleveland Tech 29 12-27-2003 04:13
temp gauge reads high due to ground problem? eyoungberg Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar 5 10-24-2003 22:30
Lincoln Aviator sales sputter; dealers say the new SUV is priced too high Stacy94PGT Ford Worldwide News 7 04-30-2003 07:19

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:48.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.