which holley hp - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2006, 01:02   #1 (permalink)

which holley hp

Hi guys
I am just about to buy carby for my 351 c the cam is a comp cams with 256 and 266 @50 .589 and .615 lift heads are 4v with toungues and chamber work ,tfc manifold and pacemaker 4 into 1s the motor will be doing club sprints at first in xw till i decide if im going to do road rallies or group nc when i will go h beams roller cam and few other things to make it bit more radical anyway dont know if i should get the 750 hp holley or the 830 hp holley any suggestions guys thx for any help .
cheers falcon
(prays that its not a grenata to the cleveland gods)
dub racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2006, 02:07   #2 (permalink)

Re: which holley hp

I've got a similar cam to yours with 108 lsa,filled 4v's,6" rods and 4.11's and mine ran best with an 830 annular.I'm currently runnind an 850 downleg but doesn't run as smooth down low.
george 351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:35   #3 (permalink)
XW GS Fairmont

I'd say a 750 mighty demon.

But if you are looking at Nc then stick with the 830 holley.

I'll look out for you on the track!!!
shard351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:38   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub racing
Hi guys
I am just about to buy carby for my 351 c the cam is a comp cams with 256 and 266 @50 .589 and .615 lift heads are 4v with toungues and chamber work ,tfc manifold and pacemaker 4 into 1s the motor will be doing club sprints at first in xw till i decide if im going to do road rallies or group nc when i will go h beams roller cam and few other things to make it bit more radical anyway dont know if i should get the 750 hp holley or the 830 hp holley any suggestions guys thx for any help .
cheers falcon
(prays that its not a grenata to the cleveland gods)
i built that exact combination (excellent choice of camshaft) for a mate's landau . we had a 850 d/pumper holley with milled choke housing on it.The engine made great torque and power! we then fitted my barry grant mighty demon 850 which is also a double pumper and the engine had very sharp throttle response with stronger top end than the holley.He then sold the holley in order to buy a 850 mighty demon..!!
no1gxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:27   #5 (permalink)

Thx guys
If i could run barry grant i would run 825 race demon but dont think i can because of rules so i think i will drop into speed shop on the way home from work tommorow and buy 830 hp .
cheers dub racing
dub racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech